New Equipment Today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used the deal and put it toward a Galileo SOL. I am loving mine. In my 7mm wetsuit I am wearing 14 pounds. I have 10 in the front and 4 in the back. I am totally upright in water and do not feel a push forward.

Here are some pics of me in the gear. MasterFritts/Scuba - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I used the deal and put it toward a Galileo SOL. I am loving mine. In my 7mm wetsuit I am wearing 14 pounds. I have 10 in the front and 4 in the back. I am totally upright in water and do not feel a push forward.

Here are some pics of me in the gear. MasterFritts/Scuba - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I am not sure I understand what you are saying here. Please help me understand. When you are under water, are you saying it is your goal to be vertical, with your feet under your shoulders?

If so, my goal is the opposite. I want to be horizontal, with all of my body on roughly the same plane. In fact, when I am in an environment where I don't want to stir up silt on the bottom, my knees are bent, and my feet are higher than my shoulders. Check this video (No, it's not me).
YouTube - Frog Kick

I am not sure I understand what you are saying here. Please help me understand. When you are under water, are you saying it is your goal to be vertical, with your feet under your shoulders?

Sorry I meant to say when I am on the surface. The Knighthawk is a back inflate and with the weights in the back I am not pushed forward while on the surface. Underwater I am trim (as trim as a newbie can be) and ran our underwater trim course with no problems. :)

New toys are always a good thing! Hope you get to wear that thing out under water! There is nothing like diving with your own gear and getting it tuned into you. Enjoy!

Sorry I meant to say when I am on the surface. The Knighthawk is a back inflate and with the weights in the back I am not pushed forward while on the surface. Underwater I am trim (as trim as a newbie can be) and ran our underwater trim course with no problems. :)

Thanks for the clarification. I agree. When sales people explain the difference between back inflate models (or BP/W's) and jacket style BCD's, they often mention this supposed tendency to push you on your face on the surface. I don't feel much of this myself, either in my back infllate Nighthawk or my BP/W. Even if I did, that supposed liability would be more than offset by the control I have over my trim while actually diving. The only reason I would spend enough time on the surface to make this an issue would be if I suddenly lost all navigation skills and ended up drifting around, hoping to be rescued.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom