New Features at Mansfield

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe we can all pitch in and add some underwater features that will make diving at Mansfield all the more interesting. I'm willing to help with labor and what other meger resources I might have available.

What an excellent proposition Mack, there's nothing like a worthy project to unite divers in common tasks... Sign me up, I just bought my annual pass :D

So I'm wondering, who do we need to contact to get some grass roots, local swamper involvement in making the park better? I love the idea and esp. challenge of fixing whats already there... platforms, etc. I could use some lift bag practice, and there are plenty of worthy tasks for everyone to join in. With the right contact there is no limit to what volunteer divers can accomplish, and maybe the county can provide some funding for these great ideas...

I'd be willing to join in on the effort and am stoked at the idea of doing something great for divers to enjoy for years to come... I'll be free to work on this starting late July :14:

Last edited:
What an excellent proposition Mack, there's nothing like a worthy project to unite divers in common tasks... Sign me up, I just bought my annual pass :D

So I'm wondering, who do we need to contact to get some grass roots, local swamper involvement in making the park better? I love the idea and esp. challenge of fixing whats already there... platforms, etc. I could use some lift bag practice, and there are plenty of worthy tasks for everyone to join in. With the right contact there is no limit to what volunteer divers can accomplish, and maybe the county can provide some funding for these great ideas...

I'd be willing to join in on the effort and am stoked at the idea of doing something great for divers to enjoy for years to come... I'll be free to work on this starting late July :14:

Kudos to Mack for starting this thread! Looks like we have a hot topic for FEAST this week.:14:

Only problem with that is it will be out of the water if this weather keeps up much longer :D

You are right about that. Some of the objects, such as a cage could be portable so that it can be shifted with the rise / fall of the lake. I think we can engineer some hoops that could stay 20' below the surface.

You are right about that. Some of the objects, such as a cage could be portable so that it can be shifted with the rise / fall of the lake. I think we can engineer some hoops that could stay 20' below the surface.

We should be able to make the entire course portable with movable cement anchors. Heavy enough to deter folks messing with them, but nothing a good lift bag can't handle.

We should be able to make the entire course portable with movable cement anchors. Heavy enough to deter folks messing with them, but nothing a good lift bag can't handle.

That is what I'm thinking. Good anchors and a float that will hold them at the set depth. That way, if the lake drops, they will still be upright.:D

Who controls what can be done to the underwater part of the park?

It would be nice to figure out how to get more shade topside. The covered are is nice but fills up quickly. I bet parking is going to get tough as well.

I'm sure we should coordinate with LCRA Parks. However, some people will choose to ask forgiveness later. In reality, I doubt they would have much heartburn over what we want to do, so long as it does not become a hazard to boat traffic, or somehow pollute the lake.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom