New Fins to go with the New drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

in_cavediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just traded up to a Dive Rite 905 suit this past week and now am again looking for the perfect fins. In my old whites suit, I used turtles and my foot fit the pocket perfectly. Now, they are way to loose.

The suit is the 905 with size 11 boots (new in 2002). My old cressi-sub frog fins fit but are a bit soft and leave something to be desired with a stage. Turtles are to loose to be comfortable and the Dive Rite fins I tried caused some foot pain/compression.

Any recommendations? Maybe a jet fin-size??

Mike

I wear a Pinnacle drysuit which has similar boots to the 905, I am also a size 11. The Scubapro Jetfin size XL is a perfect tight fit over my drysuit boots.

My suit (XCD2) was just too big for my XL Jets (which I still use when diving wet), and had to go to Turtles. Would suggest that the XL Jets should therefore be just fine.

I used XL Jets with a 905 drysuit on one dive (dive rite demo) and they worked great. Size 12 boots, I believe.

Thanks everybody.

I was/am, leaning heavily toward jets (jet style) - just didn't know what size and didn't have easy access to try multiples before ordering.

XL jets it is.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom