New Fins!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn't wear ankle weights when diving dry with my splits that float (Just barely positive).

sbrooks:
If diving dry, do you need to wear ankle weights with Jets?
S.

Just a joke Dave. Hope the fins live up to all the comments that I have read on them.

Pathfinder:
Why is this a step to the dark side?

Best fins ever.

Dave

Dove the new Lighting Jets today. They feel great a lot more control than the splits. I also realized my legs are not ready to push them hard for very long. Think I'm going to hit the pool with them.

I have another question about the length of the straps. The fins seem to fit good but the straps are too short. Is this normal? Looking for spring straps.

Jet fins are like a fine wine -- they just get better and better with time -- not only over the decades that they have been around, but also with each individual pair. I have a pair that's probably 30 years old (older than me!), and I love em to death.

The more you dive them, the more comfortable they become on your feet. Just throw some spring straps on em, and you will be reverse-finning in no time :)

FYI -- for those considering sizing issues....

XXL Jets can also used as storage hangers for Lear Jets -- size accordingly

XL Jets were really tight on me for quite some time, but they loosen up. The other important step is to drill a small hole in the footpockets if you're getting suction after diving.

1_T_Submariner:
Lundysd...Thanks for the tip, I was thinking that they had a suction on my DS boots.

Scrapdizzy, here is a link to some on E-bay that includes pic.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Scubapro-Jetfins-Size-XL-JetFin-Commercial-X-Large_W0QQitemZ160049417422QQihZ006QQcategoryZ73998QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

kinda hard for me to pick up a cheap second pair of Jets if you go and show everyone and their brother where to look :eyebrow: ....JK

I also prefer a good, well used set of Jets vs. new.....they just feel right

My first pair of jets..... 1981-2005 R.I.P. 24 is just too young to go, but it was their time:(

Back
Top Bottom