New floating platform at Falling Rock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZoCrowes255

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hey guys,

If you were out at the quarry last weekend you may have seen a few of us moving anchoring a swim platform out at Falling Rock. It's pretty much a giant floating dock that we are going to add ladders, benches etc too. If nobody is on it everyone is welcome to use. However, PLEASE do not move it around. It is anchored at the bow of the cabin cruiser and there is also an anchor at the stern. PLEASE do not move it. There is enough slack in the line to give it room to move in storms and it's far enough away from the cruiser that people won't hit their head on ascents.

The rear anchor is a metal trash can with 160+ pounds of concrete in it. Please don't move it with lift bags or anything like that. It's perfect where it is.

If you guys could pass this message along to anybody you know who dives out there with you I would greatly appreciate it.

Hope to see you guys out diving!

Thanks,
Chris Scott

Sounds cool, is it above or below water?

Hey Chris!
Good to see you on the board again, I suppose the studies have been
keeping you busy. Drop by more often!

Land Locked:
Hey Chris!
Good to see you on the board again, I suppose the studies have been
keeping you busy. Drop by more often!
Hey Chris,

Actually it's the two or three scuba classes a day I am teaching. I probably already have 20-30 dives in Joe's this year just from teaching. Thank god I am heading to the Bahamas in 13 days.

Chris

David: Your avatar is giving me some serious flashbacks to my childhood. Aaaah the days of summer spent watching Nick Jr. all day long.

Hmmm, now to figure out how to get the tent, cooler, camp stove and gear out to the platform. Wait a minute, maybe Joe will let me use his boat! :D

crpntr133:
Hmmm, now to figure out how to get the tent, cooler, camp stove and gear out to the platform. Wait a minute, maybe Joe will let me use his boat! :D

Troublemaker!! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom