New format

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fjpatrum

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
The new format seems to have a couple issues though, generally, I like it. Under the username you used to be able to edit whatever that said. Mine currently says "divemaster candidate" for some reason (I have no intention of ever becoming a divemaster) and I can't find a way to edit that under my profile any more. Am I just missing it?

Top of the page you should see a light blue bar. On the right side should be your avatar. Place your cursor over your avatar and a drop down menu should appear.

From the menu, select any of the sections to edit. It's nice a clean, pretty slick and fast compared to the old "Profile" page.

Unfortunately you may find some of the earlier profile info is gone. That's what I found. Of course it was an opportunity to update it.

Hope that helps. I'm new with the new format just like you!

Hawkwood, I already went through all those menu options, which was why I posted that I can't seem to change it any more. I just don't want people thinking I'm a divemaster candidate when I'm clearly not.

Ah. Once we have access to the Admin site I should be able to get rid of that. Could you please send me a "Conversation" so that I don't forget?

Conversation = Private Message in "new speak"

Can one change the color scheme to add more contrast? There seems to be a lot of content in light gray tones that are difficult to see. Gray text/graphics on white background, white text/graphics on light blue background--very difficult to see.

Hawkwood, I already went through all those menu options, which was why I posted that I can't seem to change it any more. I just don't want people thinking I'm a divemaster candidate when I'm clearly not.
Success!

Top of the page you should see a light blue bar. On the right side should be your avatar. Place your cursor over your avatar and a drop down menu should appear.

From the menu, select any of the sections to edit. It's nice a clean, pretty slick and fast compared to the old "Profile" page.

!

Can't seem to find the spot to edit that specific entry, however. (I can SEE it, but not edit.)

We just added a user group manager, which should allow you to choose which user group to choose making it similar to how we used to do it. @TC

Reactions: RJP
Looks great Pete! Especially on iPhone in Safari window.

One suggestion: the dot that you can click in the thread listing, which takes you right to unread message in that thread, make it larger. Hard to click on a phone.

We just added a user group manager, which should allow you to choose which user group to choose making it similar to how we used to do it. @TC

And where is that... ? :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom