New format

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the new format. Had to explore around and see what was what, but isn't that half the fun?

Looks great Pete! Especially on iPhone in Safari window.

One suggestion: the dot that you can click in the thread listing, which takes you right to unread message in that thread, make it larger. Hard to click on a phone.

Hey Pete, don't know if it was always there, or you added it: love that I can click the thread title, a very big area, and be taken directly to the first unread message.

Also like the change to having to click "mark all forums read". It used to irritate me to no end when the board would do that automatically when it would time out because I took too long to read the new posts.

Really liking the new look and function!

This place is really shaping up!!!

Thanks!

2 questions

We used to be able to see who was viewing the thread, is that going to be possible again?

Will the smilies be coming back soon?

The new software supports Youtube automatically so you don't need the video tags anymore. It also works with Vimeo, Facebook video and several other formats.

Just copy/paste the Youtube URL for your video into a post window, save it and it will do the rest.

You can also drag/drop from your desktop or another open window as well.

Plus the new tag is media now if you prefer to use it.

I've updated all your links..

Last edited:
What happened to the dollar picture?

Please provide a better description....

upload_2016-2-16_18-3-27.gif
??

Attachments

• upload_2016-2-16_18-4-2.jpeg
    upload_2016-2-16_18-4-2.jpeg
    5.9 KB · Views: 49
A couple of minor points that may have solutions. I used to be able to hover the cursor over the title and the first few words of the initial post would appear. I could read this and decide if I wanted to go further as titles are often not quite enough to figure out hat the thread is about. New format does not do this. I also had the threads sorted in reverse chronological order by default (newest first). This option does not seem to be available. New format seems significantly slower as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom