New from Flint, MI, USA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Although Im from Ohio, you guys are listing a few of the wrecks I have dove. Ive done the Price, Sport, Eliza Strong, Mary Alice B, Regina, and the Northstar several times each.

All are outstanding dives with the exception of the Eliza Strong. Its basically a pile of rubble that you can tell was once a ship.
Its worth diving the first time, not very deep. Nice third dive of the day.

The one wreck that I haven't seen listed is the Wexford. It was found 2 years ago, and I dove it last summer.

It is, I would guess a 200 ft steel hulled cargo ship that I think went down in the great storm of 1913.

It sits fully upright, as if somebody parked her there. Its a outstanding dive, although a very easy dive. 79 ffw to the sand.

I can't figure it out, but I think this boat must have had wooden deckplanks throughout. You can drop in from the top, and drop thru the first deck, thru the second deck, all the way to the bottom. There are no penetrations on this wreck, all the decks are gone. There are some swim-thrus near the center of the ship where the boilers are. Id say they are 20 ft swim thrus.

The wreck is bouyed, and you don't need a light to do the dive, although a small light is nice for the nooks and crannies. Vis was about 30 foot, but stay off the bottom because it seemed to silt up pretty easy.

Highlights of the dive were the bow area. There is a ladderwell in the front that you can look in that goes from the first deck all the way down. Pretty cool. Between the second and third decks, you can swim in between the ladderwell and the bow, but I don't recomend that. I made it through with my doubles, but there was no point to it, as it was very tight, and there just isn't anything to see there anyways.

The other highlight was the porthole glass I found in the stern. That glass had to be 2 inches thick. I cleaned the Glass with my glove, and put it up on a beam for the next diver to see.
I hope its still there.

The bad part about this wreck is its a long haul out of Port Sanilac. 34 miles dead nuts east in Canadian Water.

But, its well worth it if you can find a ride there.

Later,

Dave

Big O once bubbled...
Although Im from Ohio, you guys are listing a few of the wrecks I have dove. Ive done the Price, Sport, Eliza Strong, Mary Alice B, Regina, and the Northstar several times each.

All are outstanding dives with the exception of the Eliza Strong. Its basically a pile of rubble that you can tell was once a ship.
Its worth diving the first time, not very deep. Nice third dive of the day.

The one wreck that I haven't seen listed is the Wexford. It was found 2 years ago, and I dove it last summer.

It is, I would guess a 200 ft steel hulled cargo ship that I think went down in the great storm of 1913.

It sits fully upright, as if somebody parked her there. Its a outstanding dive, although a very easy dive. 79 ffw to the sand.

I can't figure it out, but I think this boat must have had wooden deckplanks throughout. You can drop in from the top, and drop thru the first deck, thru the second deck, all the way to the bottom. There are no penetrations on this wreck, all the decks are gone. There are some swim-thrus near the center of the ship where the boilers are. Id say they are 20 ft swim thrus.

The wreck is bouyed, and you don't need a light to do the dive, although a small light is nice for the nooks and crannies. Vis was about 30 foot, but stay off the bottom because it seemed to silt up pretty easy.

Highlights of the dive were the bow area. There is a ladderwell in the front that you can look in that goes from the first deck all the way down. Pretty cool. Between the second and third decks, you can swim in between the ladderwell and the bow, but I don't recomend that. I made it through with my doubles, but there was no point to it, as it was very tight, and there just isn't anything to see there anyways.

The other highlight was the porthole glass I found in the stern. That glass had to be 2 inches thick. I cleaned the Glass with my glove, and put it up on a beam for the next diver to see.
I hope its still there.

The bad part about this wreck is its a long haul out of Port Sanilac. 34 miles dead nuts east in Canadian Water.

But, its well worth it if you can find a ride there.

Later,

Dave

If you drive across the bridge into Sarnia Canada and make your way into Bayfield just past Grand Bend then you can charter out of there to the Wexford which is a much quicker ride then from Sanilac Mi.

Welcome to the boards!!:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom