Closed New G250V It's over...

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Serious question, what 1st stage would you recommend to pair with these for chilly (48F+ Waters)? I have an Aqualung legend that I had planned on “donating” to the cause. However with two 2nd stages now, I was thinking maybe I should try and optimize this. Mk17 evo?

Personally I'd pair them with the Legend. The Legend I understand has the best balancing with a swing full to empty of almost zero PSI.

The MK17 by comparison is lousy, swinging up to 15PSI depending on where the individual first stage came off the production line.

Even with a balanced second stage if you've fine tuned it you could run into leaking issues, not a major problem, but still.

I had two, one swung around 8PSI and the other around 15PSI IIRC. Personally I think the Legend is the superior first stage. YMMV.

FTR I pair all my second stages with Apeks FSRs, two sealed and one I unsealed to pair with some Con14s.

I did this in part in an attempt to standardize and the other because they are super reliable and super simple to service with a relatively low parts count.

Some nights I lie in bed having OCD attacks about pairing my SP seconds with MK17s so they "match" but by morning common sense prevails.

If I were to do it all over again, and I'm sure one day I will, I'd use all Legend first stages and all G250V seconds with the Con14 seconds saved for remote diving Sarai's.

(Added: pre ACD)

I’m a pretty big fan of the mk17 along with Zeagle firsts. By the way Simon one of your 17 evo’s is still being used by my buddy along with one of your graphite g250’s, never an issue.

I’m a pretty big fan of the mk17 along with Zeagle firsts. By the way Simon one of your 17 evo’s is still being used by my buddy along with one of your graphite g250’s, never an issue.

In practice I never had an issue either, the swing bothered me though, it ate away at my brain.

Poo, the seed has been planted, might be selling two almost new FSRs and two almost new G260s. Hmmm ....

Back
Top Bottom