New gear purchase survey 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well today it happened. I paid for all of my gear. I only have some of it though. The shop I work for had to order some of the stuff. This is what I got:

SP Mk25/S600
SP Air2
Uwatec Galileo Luna
Miflex Reg and BC hose
Oceanic Alpha 8 octo
O'Neill 7mm J-type
Atomic mask
Weights

I'm well on my way. Next purchase, whenever that happens, will be some tanks and a dry suit. Then on to my second set of gear!

Not too long ago I bought the ScubaPro Seawing Nova fins and I love them! I've snorkeled for a couple years and scuba'd for a few months with the TUSA xpert zoom fins, and the Novas blew them out of the water (pun intended :p) My reason for the switch was trying to find a fin that was really easy on my ankles, as they have some non scuba related wear and tear, and the few different fins I've tried have made them sore even after short, easy excursions. Maybe I just tried the wrong fins before these ScubaPros, or maybe they are just awesome fins... Easy to maneuver, quick if you need it, fast off and on, and my ankles are happy at last :)

Plus, I'm quite easy to find now with bright white fins!

Attachments

• PICT0380.jpg
    PICT0380.jpg
    370.4 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Guys any comments or reviews on Scubapro jet Sport fins?
I can't find any reviews on the net.
I'm thinking of buying one...they look cool and functional.
Please post any comments about the jet sport fins.

Just purchased a SP Galileo Sol and DUI TLS350 Select.

I purchased the Sol with a very nice discount since my old computer was recalled and unserviceable. I wanted one for a while now and when they waived that discount in front of me I jumped on it like a cat on tuna.

The drysuit I bought after a lot of shopping for a used one and not finding any to my liking and the purchase of one used one that has not worked out. The LDS gave me a discount on that too plus the free Zip Seals helped. Plus DUI was raising the price the next day - so thinking any longer was not going to happen. The LDS said if it doesn't fit, they will put it in the shop as stock and let me upgrade to a custom if needed.

FYI, my LDS is NOT in Monterey!

That Galileo Luna I bought is on back order so, yesterday I upgraded to the Sol. I tried it out with the OW class I'm working with and I must say, I really like it :)

A Sherwood Avid BC. There was one hanging in the local Dive Shop alongside a Black Diamond. The Sherwood has two tank straps, a couple more d-rings, and it's a vest style (Black Diamond is a back inflation). The Sherwood also seems to fit a tad better than the BD, although use with a dry suit is still a little cramped feeling. I think it's due in part to the cummerbund and may just take some getting used to.

Guys any comments or reviews on Scubapro jet Sport fins?
I can't find any reviews on the net.
I'm thinking of buying one...they look cool and functional.
Please post any comments about the jet sport fins.

A post I made last year:

My favorite fin of all I have ever used (splits and paddles including Jets, Apollos etc) is my old pair of USD original Blades. Not the Blades 2, and not the original Blades2. LOL.The Original Blades from last century.

LDS loaned me a pair of Sports and I took them and my Blades to the pool tonight. The Sports are much lighter though very similar in size. Very nice in that they have a slick inner pocket for easy on and off. The blade is kind of made up with panels similar to the Atomics, but the Scubapro is clearly more robust. Fresh water the Blades are most definitely negative. The Sports were slightly positive.
I do better with more positive fins, so I am very interested in the Sports.

My swim test was pretty basic. At my "battle speed" pace with the Blades I covered 25 yards in just under 20 seconds and 35-36 kicks. In the Sports, I did it it in just over 20 seconds with 37-39 kicks. I could not tell if one fin "winded" me more than the other. I plan on doing multiple laps tomorrow if I have time.

In a nutshell:
The USD Blades still seem to perform better for me and are more stable.
The Sports are more comfortable, easier to doff and don and have a real deck friendly bottom.

I will play in the pool some this week, but will dive them both Saturday. If the positive buoyancy of the Sports work better for me, I will buy a pair.

Follow up post I can't find at the moment. Ultimately after ocean diving the fins back to back, I preferred my old USD blades for their performance. Maybe I'm just used to those old blades. They are no longer manufactured, so I have purchased a second pair on EBAY as backup.

Fins are very personal and review can be subjective. Try a pair, you might like them. I did, but just not as much as I did those old dinosaurs.

WiseLED Tactical.

Freaking amazing.

hmmm bought a cressi archimedes 2 comp ( was a good price and has just about everything you need ) and a tusa 2100 bcd ( was cheap ha ha ) and going to buy a sp mk 11 reg soooon :) well come pay day, also got a cressi 5ml semi dry , and a hoodie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom