New gear purchase survey 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just purchased a made-to-order Whites Fusion Tech dry suit this week; I'm waiting for it arrive at my LDS. I'm having a neoprene neck seal and pockets installed. It's part of a package deal and comes with boots, gloves, undergarments, whip and backpack. :D

Cheers!

I scored a new DUI 400g (old style) undergarment off the Factory Refurbished list for $125. They have old styles and discontinued items on it from time to time.

Price was a motivating factors for this particular undergarment, as was the good track record of DUI 400g Thinsulate.

I bought a few things. Just a few.

2 Worthington HP100's
DSS BP/W
Bare Trilam Tech Dry drysuit, custom
Apeks XTX-50 DIN reg set + ATX-50 octo (used)
Veo 3.0 computer to replace my old broken Cobra2.
Sea Wolf weight harness
19 cf pony with a Aqualung Titan regulator (used)
Olympus underwater camera setup (used)
New Dive Rite reel + OMS SMB.

I've basically replaced all of my old gear except for my mask, fins and snorkel, and I'm contemplating a new mask and fins. Unfortunately, I'm out of money. :rofl3:

In addition to my HOG D1...

Zeagle Ranger
O'neill 3mm Wetsuit

Hopefully at SP Mk25/A700 soon.

I bought a DR Nomad for SM. Decided to buy it because I was increasingly interested in sidemount, and picked the model on the basis of what I had read on SB and a discussion with a SM diver / instructor who was pleased with the unit. I like the unit, after removing the unnecessary padding.

IN ADDITION, I have just recently started buying new gear to replace $6K worth of my gear stolen in south FL last month by some @#$%^&%^%$#@ (you fill in the appropriate part part / genetic relationship / whatever) who pried open the door on a trailer that 4 of us were using on a dive trip, and walked away with almost $19K worth of stuff. (There, I vented a bit. I feel better). I have just replaced my departed ATX 200 backgas regs with the Apeks Tech 3 set. I had been very pleased with the Apeks regs, and the idea of buying a doubles 'kit' - two first stage regs, two second stages, a 7' hose and necklace hose, AND port placement specificially targeted to doubles hose routing - was appealing. Pleased with them so far. Next will be two new HP 100cf tanks to substitute for the double 100cf PSTs that cannot be replaced. I am going with Worthington, because I have a set of Worthington 130s I bought last Fall and am happy with them. I am going with another set of 100s because, next to double AL80s, they are the most comfortable, 'trimmable' doubles I have used. Following that, I will get a new can light to replace my DR Slimline 10W LED - don't know yet what I will get, but I am leaning toward a higher wattage Halcyon unit - and my Halcyon Scout back-up, which I will probably replicate. I liked my Scout and see no need to change.

Where did you get the DR NOMAD EXP? and what was the price?

I got an Otter Britannic almost new drysuit really cheap off a buddy the other day, love it :) My current drysuit will stay as a spare now.

I bought an APD Evolution+ rebreather this month (also pcked up a nice little AL4o cyllinder for bail out).

ok where do i start 3 x 15lt faber tanks set of double 12lt faber with hollis bands highlander s/s back plate , hollis alloy back plate zeagle regs for doubles hollis harness x 2 hollis 45ld wing for doubles houles 38lb wing for singles zeagle b/plate and wing for my son and a zeagle reg for him as well .zeagle weight pockets v weight thats just the stuff i have told the wife lol

I picked up a fancy new Uemis Zurich dive comp! Only three dives on it so far but I am loving it! Got a great deal on it so couldn't pass it up.

The most I've purchased is a retractable gear clip...not very interesting!

I got a Suunto D4 for Christmas/Hanukkah last year but didn't use it until 2010. Does that count? :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom