New gear purchase survey 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oxycheq yellow smb - because I need it.

oceanic geo dive computer - needed something that I can wear as a watch on vacation that doubles as a depth guage and timer in case my other computer craps out.

miflex 26" blue regulator hose - because I like all my hoses to be blue.

DUI Crushed neoprene and kevlar dry gloves...anyone want to buy them, they are a size large
DUI "smurf" dry gloves, size medium they fit me so much better!
BigBlue 250 lumen backup light
DR Transplate harness, SS backplate, 30# EXP Wing
and updated instructor materials

Not in any particular order, the tally so far is:

1. 4th Element Artic Undies (they are oh so warm)
  2. 4th Element hot Socks (best $50 I spent on diving, hands down)
  3. 1 Worthington HP100 (did not want my other HP 100 to get lonely when the HP80's came 100)
  4. 2 Worthington HP 80's (they trim out so nicely)
  5. SI Tech dry glove rings to replace my DUI zip dry glove (I hated not having my hands free when diving dry and the SI tech rings make it possible now)
  6. Mares Liquid Skin mask in Pink (It works great in the pool or in warm water, but using it with my hood causes it to leak horribly)

Apex tek 3 regs, Evolve 60 lb for doubles, Light Monkey 21 watt HID light, 2 scout back up lights Getting tls350 DUi drysuit, getting 130 double's

Nothing of note YET..pending purchases are tank bands, and an isolator manifold...Hoping to go with "doubles" this season!

An $800 pair of excellerating force fins. What influenced me was an extra chromosome and a frontal lobotomy.

I think the only thing i bought this year was a pair of 5mm akona gloves. I was influenced by my cold-ass hands.

Yes, I bought :
Sea Elite Scout BCD
I was searching for an entry level BCD and I've found an incredible good deal at Divers-Supply (Sea Elite is the Divers-Supply brand)

Henderson Thermoprene 5 mm shorty wetsuit
I have an old Dufour 4 mm Farmer John wetsuit and was needing the shorty. There are not so many but I've found this one nice and price convenient.

TUSA spg for a used reg setup
I've bought a reg setup off ebay and was without any instrument. As I have already my PDC I was only searching for a spg. There are not so many and I think this one is a good choice.

IST Retractor
IST has good prices and the gear is dependable.

Safety Whistle
Just the same whistle that the football referees use. Now I need the signal mirror.

DSS Long BP with HOG Harness and Taurus 26lb wing

Influences:

The fact they make a long plate for us tall guys - the difference is significant imho

Pre sales support from DSS was awesome - answered every stupid question I had and gave good solid recommendations for what we needed and not what he could convince us to buy - invaluable!

Hollis F1 Fins because I was folding up my mares volo's in current when pushing hard - nice fins terrible distributer.

Ikelite housing - expensive and a small non critical problem with it but sorted now and good item

Watch this space - I feel a spending spree coming on!

Jeez this scuba diving is getting expensive! :shocked2: But so much fun :D

Add on:

1 Atomic sub frame mask - recommended as a better fit and hopefully will fix mask leak

Also just ordered 2 sets of the following from Dive Right in Scuba, 1 set each for me and the wife:

Complete HOG D1 cold reg sets (1st and 2nd stages) with full miflex DIR length hoses
UEMIS Zurich SDA computers with Transmitters
UK SL3 eLED lights for backups
HOG Reg rebuild kits
Trim weight pockets
Bunch of small stuff like bolt snaps, caveline, tri-glides etc.

Almost finished shopping now, just 1 more order to go!

Oxycheq 30# wing with Dive Rite SS BP with Hog harness
Atomic Frameless mask
Titanium dive knife
Hog Cold water D1 with 2 HOG 2nd stages with miflex hosing
Salvo 21W HID
2 Halcyon xenon scouts with 320 lumen LED upgrade
Jet Fins with spring straps
4th element 3mm and 5mm hoods, 3mm and 5mm gloves, arctic dry suit undergarments (to be used with my upcoming DUI TLS350 purchase)
suunto sk7 compass with DSS mount
Aladin tec 2g computer with DSS mount

various extras such as camband weight pockets, weights, etc

holy god, i bought a lot in the last two months...

Not yet. The big annual sale at the LDS is in 2 weeks, I'll have something to add then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom