new go pro user

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used to have a gopro pole, for me being that few feet closer to the object I am filming made a world of difference, but I like filming large fish, sharks etc. I used the SNP filter, very very good imho. Here is a video at about 50ft green california waters..

great image stablization!! which gopro did you use? And do you like using a monopod or a tray better?

I prefer a tray setup for stability and the ability to add lights as others have noted. A tray setup is much more compact and easy to clip to your BCD as well. If you don't plan to get lights from the get go, the Backscatter Flip4 filter set works really well. I used it for a few years on my Hero 4 before upgrading to the Hero 5.

FLIP4 Three Filter Kit with SHALLOW, DIVE & DEEP Filters for GoPro 3, 3+, 4

@bryant50, have you done your trip to Cozumel yet? If so, what did you end up using for the video you shot and how did it turn out?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom