New here and looking for advice from experienced divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Bradshaw

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So here goes, I am a web developer/animator/narrator. I am an experienced surfer and have always had an obsession with coral reefs. Around six months ago I was invited to work on a diving website / video project for what seems like a pretty solid diving product.

This project has led me to diving (I should have been involved sooner, just never got around to it.). I will be working on my certification starting this coming weekend. I can't wait!

However, having zero experience diving has left me in an odd spot with the project I am working on. I am curious if any of the seasoned divers on here would be whiling to provide their thoughts, questions and opinions on the product I am working with? I am not trying to push our product on here, I truly am looking for input. We still have a few months before it hits the market and I would like to ensure I am addressing the correct sales points and concerns a diver may have. Who knows, maybe when our product is ready to ship I can provide some demos for those that were the most helpful.

Anyways, here is the site. www.RegMount.com

Any comments welcome.... and I am sorry if I violated a forum rule by posting a link to our site on here. If I did, please let me know and I will remove.

This is new. But not really.

This product will provide the same post dive experience as the current raft of head / mask mounts already available - video induced nausea.

I suggest you do some research regarding head mounted video footage...

Don't want to be rude but this mount is even more stupid than those masks with a camera mount.
Guaranteed to give shaking video's.

Well anything mounted to a human in action will cause this. Our product does have an tremendous amount less than a head or mask mount. With the image stabilizing features of most modern cameras it is literally unnoticeable.

This is exactly the type of constructive criticism I am looking for. Thank you! I will be adding some comparison example videos to cover this. Appreciate the input.

Two things:
1. I consider my reg life support, I won't add anything to make an entanglement hazard on it.
2. Head mounted footage is nearly always horrible at the best of times without dangling the camera between my teeth to vibrate and swing while the exhaust jellies the footage at every breath.

Mouth mounted been done for surfing but it seems a novelty product for another angle.

It also won't fit my regs based on it's design and attachment method.

A final point, regarding your marketing, there are many other hands free video mounting options for divers. Tank mounted, helmet, mask (cringe), arm, DPV and chest. I've also seen butt mounted, which nearly is as useful as a product to flap the camera right in front of my face.

Hope the feedback isn't too harsh.

Well, all the best.
Cameron

Well anything mounted to a human in action will cause this. Our product does have an tremendous amount less than a head or mask mount. With the image stabilizing features of most modern cameras it is literally unnoticeable.

This is exactly the type of constructive criticism I am looking for. Thank you! I will be adding some comparison example videos to cover this. Appreciate the input.
The issue is not about image stabilization - fast panning is the issue. Barf...

Two things:
1. I consider my reg life support, I won't add anything to make an entanglement hazard on it.
2. Head mounted footage is nearly always horrible at the best of times without dangling the camera between my teeth to vibrate and swing while the exhaust jellies the footage at every breath.

Mouth mounted been done for surfing but it seems a novelty product for another angle.

It also won't fit my regs based on it's design and attachment method.

A final point, regarding your marketing, there are many other hands free video mounting options for divers. Tank mounted, helmet, mask (cringe), arm, DPV and chest. I've also seen butt mounted, which nearly is as useful as a product to flap the camera right in front of my face.

Hope the feedback isn't too harsh.

Well, all the best.
Cameron

I am curious why it would not fit your regs? Also, the mount is actually pushed out a couple of inches to allow complete access to your purge. What other concerns do you have with it interfering with your regulator?

Affectionately I refer to that is squirrel syndrome in honor of this video:

A squirrel nabbed my GoPro and carried it up a tree (and then dropped it) - YouTube

I understand this. I get the same problem on my dirtbike. But just like on that, when I want to get broadcast quality footage I have someone holding a camera or even a tripod. Would it not be the same under water ... your dive partner holds the GoPro and gets that amazing shot? I still use my headmount on my bike... for documenting my ride.

Back
Top Bottom