New Here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BClendening

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm obviously new here. I've never been diving, but I love the water (snorkeling, surfing, beach, all of it) and decided that becoming certified to dive was the next thing I wanted to do. I haven't signed up for a class yet due to a busy schedule and trying to finish up my degree (criminology). I'm also hoping to get a job in law enforcement that mixes the outdoor environment with law enforcement, such as climbing and diving and being certified certainly can't hurt anything.

If anyone wants to learn a bit more, here's a link to my MySpace. Thanks for looking.

Welcome to Scuba Board. Enough with the excuses and get yourself certified, you love the water, so get to it. Don't mind the pushy New Yorker in me, just a scuba addict trying to spread the addiction.

banana.gif
wavey.gif

WELCOME TO
:sblogo::colouredsmilies::colouredsmilies:

you need to just make time ... if you don't you'll still be wanting to get your cert in a few years ... do what Nike recommends, JUST DO IT!

Your not kidding. Time these days is so precious to everyone and everyone (most) has so little of it. If you want it, you just have to decide to do it and make it happen. Make it an appointment, one of those things that you have to do that keeps you so busy and your done! Besides with so many different options out there to get certified, you really have no excuse...
Make it happen!

Welcome to the board!!

Thank you all. Hopefully I'll get certified within the coming month. Sucks being a college kid, books are right around the corner, which will cost more than the certification and basic gear. :( Look forward to learning a lot!

Check your local LDS to see if they have some kind of work for training and maybe gear. One shop used to keep that on the down low. They knew with helping new young people get into our sport they will be ahead in the long run.

Welcome. Good luck.

Check your local LDS to see if they have some kind of work for training and maybe gear. One shop used to keep that on the down low. They knew with helping new young people get into our sport they will be ahead in the long run.

Would that shop be the 'largest not only in Missouri, but in the four state area'? Hah, I don't know that much, but that's what the claim is. I stopped by in there and talked to him about the rental gear and such, I talked to Jeff Rook, really, really nice guy and was very helpful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom