New HOG D1 Face Covers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Right In Scuba

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Want to change out your facecover on your D1? O2 bottle reg color, Stage reg color, match your drysuit, or just to stop sand from getting into the purge area.....we just got these in! They come in 4 colors....check them out!!!

http://www.diverightinscuba.com/cata...er-p-3087.html

We got a bunch in, and are about half out...so I already have another order coming in. Just so you know if there is a day or 2 delay in shipping
wink.gif
These are going FAST

Are you going to do a comparison/install video? Only so I can get a better idea of their size. Does it make it more like a Scubapro S600 where you can depress the entire face? In other words would it make purging the reg easier with dry gloves on?

Yes, you can depress the entire face. They don't change the size of the regulator/

Yes, you can depress the entire face. They don't change the size of the regulator/
Thanks Cerich. Looks like a nice addition although an added cost for what was supposed to be a cost effective regulator. Maybe in the future you will consider offering the regs with these style purge covers. There are benefits to both styles of covers, and my personal preference is for the entire face to be depress-able. Will have to see if my gal wants a set of the new covers for her regs.

Thanks Cerich. Looks like a nice addition although an added cost for what was supposed to be a cost effective regulator. Maybe in the future you will consider offering the regs with these style purge covers. There are benefits to both styles of covers, and my personal preference is for the entire face to be depress-able. Will have to see if my gal wants a set of the new covers for her regs.

I did the Hog reg with the classic purge design because it lasts longer. The soft covers (regardless of brand) don't last very long. the hard purge button design does. It also is better in flow than the soft cover.

I won't be stocking the second stage with 5 different second stage covers in place, it would be too expensive and I would have to pass that cost along.... I personally do not feel that $109 for a HOG second stage with a second soft cover (cost of second stage plus cost of soft cover) is by any means pushing the product out of "what was supposed to be a cost effective regulator", in fact the cost is only one part of the recipe of what I want the HOG regs to be. That recipe is Performance, durability and value. The soft cover takes away from the Durability far more than it does the value. (IMHO)

I did the Hog reg with the classic purge design because it lasts longer. The soft covers (regardless of brand) don't last very long. the hard purge button design does. It also is better in flow than the soft cover.

I won't be stocking the second stage with 5 different second stage covers in place, it would be too expensive and I would have to pass that cost along.... I personally do not feel that $109 for a HOG second stage with a second soft cover (cost of second stage plus cost of soft cover) is by any means pushing the product out of "what was supposed to be a cost effective regulator", in fact the cost is only one part of the recipe of what I want the HOG regs to be. That recipe is Performance, durability and value. The soft cover takes away from the Durability far more than it does the value. (IMHO)
Fair enough. Thanks for the reply with a nice explanation. As I have said before it is nice to see a manufacturer available for us to converse with :cool2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom