New Jersey Dive Shops and Sites Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KidK9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all, I will be relocating to New Jersey in the next two weeks to the Edison/Somerset/Central New Jersey area. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some reputable shops and some websites I could have a look at. Thanks a ton!

Wreck Valley Divers Scuba Diving Club

http://www.wreckvalley.com/

New Jersey dive board and if you google NJ dive clubs you will get a list . Many throughout the state

I live in Toms River area between Point Pleasant and Barnegat Light. Underwater Discovery in Toms River has done good by me so far

The closest to you is probably Ocean Explorers. They are off of Rte 1 in Edison. I've also used Scuba Connection in Hillsborough. They might be a little bit farther for you, but they have some good people there.

Excellent, thank you for the local shop recommendations. I'll most likely stop in so I can become familiar with them and see what they offer by way of some local diving.

no doubt visit us at wreckvalley.com/forum
i've been using the scuba connection, very tec & ccr friendly. tscscuba.com
also check out njscuba.net for local sites and info.

welcome to nj.

There's also Fantasea in Milltown. Great people. 37 S Main Sthttp://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl Milltown, NJ 08850
Get Directions(732) 846-5200

Ocean Explorers and Scuba Connection are fine shops but both are expensive but have a lot of good stuff. What i think both really bring to the table is the quality of their instructors - both have very very good instructors. When it comes to gear I prefer to get my stuff online unless I need a little something and don't have time to order it. But I've been diving for a fair while and have already bought various gear from stores over the years including both OE and SC - as well as a shop up in Westchester NY where I learned to dive years ago. This includes my rig, dry suit, mask, fins and other stuff - so please all don't blast me for saving money when I buy a light or replacement snorkle.

What I'd really recommend the most is that you get together with the folks at the Explorers Dive Club - a fully independent club that meets every 2nd Tue of every month at 7pm at the Spain Inn in Piscataway - this is very close to Somerset - I used to live there and several club members still do. show up early if you can and grab dinner - chances are that some people from the club will be there and not all that hard to spot - I recommend the garlic shrimp, monkfish or paella.

The club is chock full of terrific people and great divers. Welcome to NJ!

Another vote for The Scuba Connection - one of the best bets in the area for someone who really wants to dive locally.

As for dive site recommendations? Just look east - the Atlantic Ocean off NJ has more diveable wrecks than just about anyplace else in the world!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom