New job or not...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaFreak

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
So I might have an interview tomorrow with a new company, same kinda job, but a bit more interesting and a much younger crowd (like me :D).

Im in this job 3 years...is it natural to be a bit nervous at the thoughts of chucking in a job that I know so well?

Just curious on what other peoples thoughts are?

Sf

People change jobs more now a days....especially in the IT field.

Whatever you do....dont burn any bridges. This isnt the time to tell the old boss he sucked. You may have to go back some day and try to get that job back.

Dont think it is better on the other side of the pasture. I was talked into taking a new job and it turned out to be just that...all talk. I didnt last 6 months.

Just look before you leap....and understand why you are leaping to start with.

I know how you feel. What you have now may not be perfect, but it is comfortable and it is there. You always have to wonder if what you are moving to will be as comfortable and stable as what you have now, while being maybe a little more fun or interesting.

I wonder about that kind of thing all the time. You just have to weigh your options and make the choice that will make you happier. Will this job be better in the long run, is it a stable opportunity and will working with a younger crowd make you better, or just another young face in an already young crowd?

THese are thing to think about. So you are not alone. I think we all think about these things when we are looking at change, and probably not just in the work decisions either.

Good Luck and I hope you find what you are looking for.

Any major change in one's environment is apt to generate anxiety.

Job changes are ALWAYS anxiety provoking.

Just look at it as an opportunity to meet new challenges, open new doors, effect you personal strenghts, yadda, yadda, yadda, buzz word, buzz word, etc.

Don't feel bad about being nervous. It's always unsettling to leave the comfort of an established job, especially if it's an ellective move. Just believe in your reasons for your choice, make your move and enjoy your life.

There's an old saying that I kinda like, "Well, I was looking for a job when got this one."

Good luck and best wishes . . .

the K

Mrs.Prages:
Will this job be better in the long run, is it a stable opportunity and will working with a younger crowd make you better, or just another young face in an already young crowd?
It's only passing time at the moment, I've got a pretty big project in the pipeline which wont be ready for another year or so, so hey- somewhere new and lively might be what I need to pass the year nicely!

The Kraken:
There's an old saying that I kinda like, "Well, I was looking for a job when got this one."
the K

I like it, never has a truer word been said O wise one :D

Slainte go saol agat

Change can be good or bad..however it stops us from getting into routines and if we are bored in a job, or doing any certain thing, then it reflects on our lives.I say hold your head high, go for this job, put 100 percent into it.If its not you, then you cross that bridge when you get to it.Look forward to all the new people you are going to meet, and friends you are going to gain. Good luck, I hope it goes well for you.

ScubaFreak:
So I might have an interview tomorrow with a new company, same kinda job, but a bit more interesting and a much younger crowd (like me :D).

Sf

Wait one cotton-picking minute-- aren't you supposed to be coming to Cali to work for me for $4.50?? :11:

Back
Top Bottom