New Kirby Morgan reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefrat

Contributor
Reaction score
For anyone interested!
Kirby Morgan has released a new reg that may look ugly at first, but could be what some people have been looking for!
It has a balanced first and second stage, scored very well on breathing according to recent Scubablab testing and check out the super wide exhaust tee (open on the bottom like the old sherwood's).
The first stage is a piston and apparently the second stage is lighter than it looks, that exhaust tee is part of a rubber shroud that protects the whole front.
Haven't seen any for sale yet but I imagine it won't be at the budget end of the market.
Picture posted below:
kirby-morgan-balanced-2nd-stage-scuba-regulator-with-superflow-first-stage-regulator-200-150.jpg

Just to play devils advocate, how easy is it to get them serviced? I don't know of many shops that are km dealers. Does this mean I have to ship them my reg every year?

Just to play devils advocate, how easy is it to get them serviced? I don't know of many shops that are km dealers. Does this mean I have to ship them my reg every year?

You can buy the parts from any commercial dive shop and service it yourself. No special tools other then an IP gauge would be needed to do the service so your LDS could service it too.

i just want to see the first one on a recreational dive..... someone has to have the ego....

On a 6 metre dive, worn by the guy crawling along the bottom raising all the available sediment due to overweighting? :)

That appears to be the 455 helmet regulator with a rubber housing/glove over the frame. I would prefer the Superflow 350.

N

The real issue with any of the KMC regulators is what good is all that flow capacity if feeding it anywhere near capacity empties a set of doubles in 30 seconds? These regulators are made for the end of an umbilical fed by a Tescom regulator on deck with 10x the Cv of a scuba first stage.

Great company and product, but it is analogous to putting twin 250 HP outboards on a 12' inflatable.

Last edited:
I am not sure why people are saying these regs are not good for scuba. Abyss used to sell KM seconds mated to a Poseidon or Colti first stages. People that used them loved them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom