New lifetime warranty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phenol

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
One more episode in the reg warranty saga...

I was wondering what the exact procedure is to get the new Mares extended lifetime warranty for two sets of regulators bought in 2005. I asked my LDS, and the owner told me they took care of that: I had nothing to sign, nothing to pay, all I needed was my booklet properly filled out every year.

I thought I had at least some paperwork to fill out (and pay $35 per reg), but the owner was adamant. He said Mares made a big deal only for regs bought in 2004 and previous years.

I don't think a "trust me" policy is appropriate when it comes to the devices I breathe from. Am I, or am I not, covered by the new warranty? I really like my reg, but getting a straight story from my LDS is becoming quite a hassle...

Phenol,
Your LDS is misinformed. Please PM me the name of LDS and I'll request our District Sales Manager for that area to contact them and explain our policy.

As for you. You do need to upgrade into the policy. The fee is $35.00 per regulator (not stage). For some reason I am unable to attach the document here on the board. If you send me your email in a pm I will email it to you. You simply need to fill it out and send back to our U.S. headquarters in Norwalk Ct.

To all viewing this post, please remember this new policy is specifically for the U.S. and Canada. It is not a world wide policy.

Hope this clears it up.

Best,

Zak

Back
Top Bottom