New Mac OS X Dive App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah my D9 is definitely in 24 hour, and I just checked a friends mosquito which is also in 24 hour. Both import no problem.

Hi tOw

I've bought new macbook pro ;-)

All my diving data was managed by macdive on Macpro and I want to move the data to new macbook pro

I already install the mac dive on new mac and copy documents folder to new mac too

but I cannot find where is macdive data....

How can I move the data on old mac to new mac.

Please help me

thx

/Users/your username/Library/Application Support/MacDive/MacDive.sqlite

Copy that, to the same place on your new machine. This is the standard location for application data on OS X..

Hi tOw

I always thanks about your great work !

I've exported diving log to PDF files and printed to make a new logbook (Put the printed out pages on logbook) But I found there is no date and time field on PDF pages.

Can you make next version can print date and time ?

It will be very helpful to the people who want make a hardcopy logbook with print out of Macdive.

Thanks a lot

Last edited:
Hi tOw

I always thanks about your great work !

I've exported diving log to PDF files and printed to make a new logbook (Put the printed out pages on logbook) But I found there is no date and time field on PDF pages.

Can you make next version can print date and time ?

It will be very helpful to the people who want make a hardcopy logbook with print out of Macdive.

Thanks a lot

It does already - under the title at the very top. Is it not there ? It may be a bug due to the way text was drawn and the font, which is fixed for the next version if you have any accented characters.

t0w, after checking out your site, MacDive looks AWESOME! I can't wait for Oceanic support. You'll make OceanLog users very jealous of MacDive. Their program is terrible. If you need info from a VTPro, let me know.

t0w, after checking out your site, MacDive looks AWESOME! I can't wait for Oceanic support. You'll make OceanLog users very jealous of MacDive. Their program is terrible. If you need info from a VTPro, let me know.

Any idea on when there may be anything with Oceanic support? :D

The more people contribute logs and dumps from all Pelagic-based computers (Oceanic, Aeris, Sherwood, Hollis and Genesis), the quicker that support will be accurate to be included in many software packages. PM me for details.

Well, I apologise, I've been quite slack on MacDive the last couple of months. I've been really busy at work and just had no time/motiviation. First Oceanic will likely be the GEO, since that's what my wife uses.. and anything that works the same way. From there, others will follow.

In the little I've done, I've actually changed the way I talk to devices in order to facilitate supporting other models so the foundation work that was required is now done. I have a new version with this code and a few bug fixes, but needs a little testing with a Cobra2/Vyper2 to verify.

I'd also like to find someone with a suunto air and cobra3 in order to support those - if anyone has one of them, please send me an email.

Hi!

Well, I decided to give this app another try - but was quickly dissuaded. Unless I am doing something wrong - I see two things that I would consider major flaws.

a). When I close the window, the application quits. No reason for this. That's awfully Windows-esque. The app shouldn't quit unless I tell it to quit. If I want no windows and just a Menu Bar at the top, then the app should do this.

b). There doesn't appear to be any way to have multiple logs, in different files. One real good reason why someone would want to do this is to keep a log for himself, and one for his wife (which is what I was trying to do). Without this, the app has no usefulness to me.

To give an example of how I came to both A & B - I launched the app - it opened up the log book from the last time I fooled around with it. Has 170 dives (nevermind the fact that I only have about 90 dives - I dunno where all these extras came from). Anyway, so I go to close this file and create a new one. Close the window - app quit. ***? So, re-start the app - close the window - app quit. ***? Restart app. Look in the file menu. I see no options for closing the file, opening a file, or creating a new file. Standard functionality for any modern application - the ability to open/close/create new files for the application. Were I the developer, I would really get out of having a single data file in some odd location, and re-tool it to treat the data like document files - allow the user to create and store however many one wants, and wherever one wants....like any other general desktop application. Without this functionality (which Mac Dive Log has, FWIW), I can't use this application - even though I'd really like to try it. So, in the meantime - its back to Mac Dive Log.

So, there you go. Keep up the good efforts (;

Cheers!
ND

Back
Top Bottom