New Mac OS X Dive App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, tow!

My server crashed (HD failure). So, I got a new HD for it and since I had to build up my system from scratch, I started with Leopard rather than Tiger.

Well, that's a bummer - but welcome to the present! :) My HDD at work failed first thing Monday morning actually. Such a PITA.

however, some of the info didn't come in quite right, it didn't include the gear, notes, buddy info, etc. It would be LOTS better if you could import this tuff directly from the Mac Divelog XML file. If it will help, I can send you mine to work with.

Send me your data file (macdive@thedoorisajar.org) and I'll have a look. Gear is definitely not imported, but I can look at adding something there. From memory notes and buddy data should be though.

I'll tell you the same thing I told the Mac Divelog guy though. It would be nice if you could define "gear sets" and then just easily include that entire gear set for a dive. Having to define each and every thing every time is a REAL drag, esp. when you're trying to catch up a bunch of dives. For example - for me, I would define a "cold water setup" that had certain things, and a "warm water setup" that had certain other things.

It's not overly obvious, but you can select multiple dives on the main table. Then go to gear, select all the bits you want and add them - they'll all be added to every selected dive.

So for warm/cold, when you initially import your data, you'd only have to do it twice, though you'd have to select all the dives. Hope that makes sense.

Send me your data file and I'll take a look at it.

Is it possible to import raw data into oceanic's dive log and then export it to mac dive?

Is it possible to import raw data into oceanic's dive log and then export it to mac dive?

I have no idea what the Oceanic software is capable of exporting, unfortunately. If it's UDCF or a suunto data file, then yes :)

But I doubt this is the case. Can you export anything else from it ?

Oceanlog does not export to UDCF or Suunto. They support DL7 and CSV.

There is currently work on a download library for the Oceanic (Pelagic) line of dive computers. I have most of the computers working in a .NET (Windows) version of the library. I am currently looking into supporting UDDF (the successor to UDCF) as a possible export format for a simple 'download-the-computer-for-import-into-whatever-you-like' utility that would run on .NET (Windows) and possibly Mono (Linux/Mac).

t0w - are you planning on supporting UDDF as an import format? I've seen some comparisons of the two formats, but it might be a daunting task to fully support UDDF.

Oceanlog does not export to UDCF or Suunto. They support DL7 and CSV.

There is currently work on a download library for the Oceanic (Pelagic) line of dive computers. I have most of the computers working in a .NET (Windows) version of the library. I am currently looking into supporting UDDF (the successor to UDCF) as a possible export format for a simple 'download-the-computer-for-import-into-whatever-you-like' utility that would run on .NET (Windows) and possibly Mono (Linux/Mac).

There is also TnT's library (he's on this forum), which I use, and has support for some of the oceanic devices. I just haven't integrated a newer version with that codebase, but that's what xmas hols are for. So I'll be adding support for Oceanic, Uwatec, Reefnet etc in the near future. I keep saying that. One day I'll do it!

t0w - are you planning on supporting UDDF as an import format? I've seen some comparisons of the two formats, but it might be a daunting task to fully support UDDF.

I'd rather not. I despise UDCF, and I haven't bothered to look at UDDF. It will mostly depend on the amount of email I get saying "please support UDDF" before I get annoyed and just do it. :) It's not a huge amount of work to integrate support for it, I just don't want to encourage it. Unfortunately, seeing as there's not much else around, a lot of people have adopted it.

I'm not sure if you know Eric, but he's working on a cross-platform dive app (win, mac, linux) and has an internal XML format he uses to store the data. It's quite cool, I'd rather use that than UDxF. Maybe we could start a revolution. :)

Do you have a link with details about this XML format (or Eric's email address)?

I admit that all the format talk etc was over my head... so.... What are the possiblities that the VT3 or Atom computers could eventually be downloaded into MacDiveLog?

:)

I admit that all the format talk etc was over my head... so.... What are the possiblities that the VT3 or Atom computers could eventually be downloaded into MacDiveLog?

:)

Ask the MacDiveLog guy ? :)

If you mean MacDive.. then, as I keep promising, it'll happen for sure. I've just been really slack.. :shakehead:

TnT etc have been working hard on supporting the oceanic range along with other dive computers (I use the library he created to support the Suuntos now, as it's much better than the dodgy code I wrote originally), so it's mostly just a matter of upgrading what I use to a newer version to get it working at a basic level. It also means I will be able to add support for some Mares computers, Reefnet, Uwatec etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom