New Mac OS X Dive App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To start off with, Thanks! This is a great program in in part was helpful in my deciding to buy a D6 as a replacement watch/computer. I dont regularly log dives anymore as its quite frankly a pain in the @$$ on a daily basis. Your program however downloaded the D6 flawlessly and very quickly and makes it all very easy.

Not trying to nitpick but rather to let you know what I see on the program screen. I switched the data to imperial but on the "Dives" page the ocean temp is still in Celsius. Also, on the same "Dives" page can you make the fields user-selectable? I would like to have info like Avg Depth, Air Used and SAC info on the display. Over time this info would be (to me) interesting to see.

If you do work on another computer like the VT3 could you make it also downloadable into the same program as the Suunto? The utility of this would be very helpful I think.

Thats all for now, your program is very nice!!!

To start off with, Thanks! This is a great program in in part was helpful in my deciding to buy a D6 as a replacement watch/computer. I dont regularly log dives anymore as its quite frankly a pain in the @$$ on a daily basis. Your program however downloaded the D6 flawlessly and very quickly and makes it all very easy.

Good to hear!

I switched the data to imperial but on the "Dives" page the ocean temp is still in Celsius.

Odd. Let me check this.

Also, on the same "Dives" page can you make the fields user-selectable? I would like to have info like Avg Depth, Air Used and SAC info on the display. Over time this info would be (to me) interesting to see.

You are talking about the main table, right ? If you right-click on the header of the table, then you can indeed choose from a bunch of fields. Also, there is the side panel (opened with the little triangle on the right of the application) which contains all of this data.

If you do work on another computer like the VT3 could you make it also downloadable into the same program as the Suunto? The utility of this would be very helpful I think.

Absolutely. I'm hoping to get some time over christmas to get stuck in to support for other models, I've just been too busy to commit to it lately unfortunately. It will happen, I promise!

Here is a screen shot from the dives this week I loaded up using your program. Notice the mix of imperial and metric data. Still, a very nice program and works very easily on the Mac.

2993673350100390769S600x600Q85.jpg

Here is a screen shot from the dives this week I loaded up using your program. Notice the mix of imperial and metric data. Still, a very nice program and works very easily on the Mac.

2993673350100390769S600x600Q85.jpg

The problem is already fixed and will be in the next update.

Hey, tow!

My server crashed (HD failure). So, I got a new HD for it and since I had to build up my system from scratch, I started with Leopard rather than Tiger. It took me two weeks, but I finally got it up to snuff - with the exception of my Apache/Tomcat connectors. Since I sent all that time building up a new system, I decided to clone it over to my laptop. It was the huge PITA that imagined it would be - but now I've got Leopard on the powerbook and all up to snuff and puff.

So, I'll download and try your app :)

Does it import Mac Divelog files (which are just XML)? Do you have any plans for this? Otherwise, switching to a new app is going to be kinda difficult.

Update:
OK, so, I downloaded it and gave it the 5 minute review. It looks like it has real promise. I was able to export my info from Mac Divelog in the UDSF (or whatever) format, and then import that into your app - however, some of the info didn't come in quite right, it didn't include the gear, notes, buddy info, etc. It would be LOTS better if you could import this tuff directly from the Mac Divelog XML file. If it will help, I can send you mine to work with.

I see a lot I like in your app. Based on the 5 minute review (and I didn't try to download from my computer with it), I'd say it has some nicities over the app I am currently using. It makes prettier graphs and has better printing support. Although, oddly, when I export to PDF, it is making a really huge file (something like 24"x36"). But at least it makes a PDF. What else? It looks good!!

I'll tell you the same thing I told the Mac Divelog guy though. It would be nice if you could define "gear sets" and then just easily include that entire gear set for a dive. Having to define each and every thing every time is a REAL drag, esp. when you're trying to catch up a bunch of dives. For example - for me, I would define a "cold water setup" that had certain things, and a "warm water setup" that had certain other things.

Anyway - good job! If using this app didn't require me to enter a bunch of data that I've already entered into Mac Divelog - if there were a way to import it all, I'd probably start using it right away.

Cheers!
nd

Last edited:
Okay, I am going to look stupid here but... how do you right click a Mac Pro laptop?

how do you right click a Mac Pro laptop?

As Plumb bob said, you can press the Ctrl click, or set your trackpad in you system preferences here to tap with two fingers:

3106141347_19f9048876.jpg

or if it is a newer MBP, you have two options:

3106966786_68c1e94cde_o.png

:zen:

Well would ya look at that someone took the time to read the instruction manual! Cheers Zen Man!

Though a shiver has run through my left hand, almost as if it has sensed the recent paradigm shift and now knows it's tyranny of interdependence with my right hand weakens.......:victory:

Well would ya look at that someone took the time to read the instruction manual! Cheers Zen Man!

Though a shiver has run through my left hand, almost as if it has sensed the recent paradigm shift and now knows it's tyranny of interdependence with my right hand weakens.......:victory:

Heehee,

Actually, I work for Apple. Been with them for over 9 yrs. I just took screenshots of my MacBook Pros and used the annotate feature in Preview to make the red circles. I figured pictures are worth 1000 words instead of writing it all out. I do love my Macs! :D

My right sometimes cramps and grieves from the additional task loading put on it. Oh lefty, where are you? Help me! :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom