New Marine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

surfsidedav

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This looked like a good place to put this. Congrats to the son. He graduated Marine Corp boot camp this morning at Parris Island. Thought I'd share the news.
David

Congrats to your son...its great to see a proud parent.

O

This looked like a good place to put this. Congrats to the son. He graduated Marine Corp boot camp this morning at Parris Island. Thought I'd share the news.
David

Congratulations. I hope he get s assigned to a duty station safer than Iraq or Afghanistan.

David

I know that you are very excited and proud of your son. Congrats on a great achievement. As a parent you don't ever stop worrying. Rest assured that he got some great training and will get a lot more before he gets a deployment overseas.

I was a Hollywood Marine, San Diego, and 1975 seems like a long time ago. My son just turned 26 this past weekend.

Thank you son for serving his country.

Semper Fi

Congrats!

My son started about 1 1/2 years ago, he's over playing in the sandbox at the moment.

Congratulations to your Marine. Thank him for his service for us. My son is in the Army Airborne Infantry and has already served one tour in Iraq. The Marines do it right...seven months in and then get out. The Army is a minimum of 12 months to 15 months.

We appreciate what he is sacrificing for our country but he will learn that it is for the guys next to him that he is really fighting for.

As a parent that just went through the war by staying home let me offer you our ears to listen, shoulder to cry on and rest assured that our prayers daily are for everyone of our kids. I fly over in that part of the world and as I fly within 30 miles of Iraq all through Saudia Arabia, over Jordan and Syria, I always have a fix in our computer for Baghdad and pray all the way around the country for our kids.

Let us know if you need anything.

Congratulations to your Marine thank him for his service for us and Semper Fi

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom