New mask for small face

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The point at which the lenses meet on the ION 3/Europa 3 is a bit different than most similar designs (we've had masks in the line previously similar to the one mentioned). The "joint" produced quite a gap - similar to what you see looking through the corner of a fish tank. This latest generation offers a virtually seamless view. It is a smaller skirt all around, not just in width.

Doug-
Doesn't the side windows distort the viewing field? Seems like once in the water, it would create a different viewing plane even if the joint were seamless. I agree with Hank that this could be distracting.

bradsab,
I'll be with an OW class this week in the pool. If I can I will try out an Ion3 (I'm curious as well!) and let you know what I think. The older version had clear vision through the front window and the side window. The joint was where things got a bit distorted.

More to come....

Hank-
Hope you get to try one. The joint itself isn't what I wonder about; I'm thinking the side windows will not be a continuous view of the same field, rather, it will bring the view from ninety degrees at the side and "connect" it to what you are seeing out the front. Don't know if I'm articulating that well, but I'm really interested to hear what you find, or anyone else who has tried one. Also, let us know what you think of the vertical field, particularly downward view. I can't find the ION 3/Europa 3 on-line yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom