New Medical Form eliminates specific COVID question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's the new Diver Medical/Participant Questionnaire
which is confusing since the latest training bulletin states "
However,
since the Diver Medical form incorporates
specific statements about COVID-19, as well
as the aforementioned changes, and more
efficiently screens your student divers, it’s
preferred. It’s recommended that you use the
most current Diver Medical form to ensure
that students are being medically screened
using the latest protocols."

Posted in a facebook post - nowhere else it seems

2020 Diver Medical Screening System Revision - COVID-19

The diving medical questionnaire recommended by WRSTC that is hosted on the UHMS website was amended on February 1, 2022. The English version has been uploaded to the site, and the translations are being up updated as soon as possible. The revised versions can be identified by the date 2022-02-01 appearing in the file name and in the footer of the first page of the form.
The previous version of the questionnaire included specific language regarding COVID-19. The picture of COVID-19 continues to evolve, and many people have been affected by the disease although often without any significant impact on their ongoing health. While the impact of any resultant health compromise remains an important concern, the Diving Medical Screen Committee (DMSC) decided it was appropriate to now revise the language in the form to focus on the effects of infection and not the named disease.
The following questions have been affected:
Page 1, Q1
Previous
I have had problems with my lungs/breathing, heart, blood, have had symptoms related to COVID-19, or tested positive for COVID-19.
Revised
I have had problems with my lungs, breathing, heart and/or blood affecting my normal physical or mental performance.
Page 2 Box A, Q1
Previous
Chest surgery, heart surgery, heart valve surgery, an implantable medical device (eg, stent, pacemaker, neurostimulator) or a pneumothorax (collapsed lung).
Revised
Chest surgery, heart surgery, heart valve surgery, an implantable medical device (eg, stent, pacemaker, neurostimulator), pneumothorax, and/or chronic lung disease.
Page 2 Box A, Q5
Previous
I have had a diagnosis of COVID-19 since I last had a diving medical.
Revised
Symptoms affecting my lungs, breathing, heart and/or blood in the last 30 days that impair my physical or mental performance.
*Previous versions are still accepted, but this recent revision should benefit all.

which is confusing since the latest training bulletin states "
However,
since the Diver Medical form incorporates
specific statements about COVID-19, as well
as the aforementioned changes, and more
efficiently screens your student divers, it’s
preferred. It’s recommended that you use the
most current Diver Medical form to ensure
that students are being medically screened
using the latest protocols."
That quote is referring to the previous RSTC Medical Statement that is incorporated in the eLearning packages; it is acceptable to use that previous form, but the new DIver Medical form is preferred.

Here's the new Diver Medical/Participant Questionnaire
Just a note: this is not a PADI form. It is a form that PADI uses. The file name 2022-02-padi-medical-pdf is misleading. The logos on the form are from DAN, WRSTC, RSTC, RSTC-Europe, UHMS, and CMAS. The form was published by the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS).

Just a note: this is not a PADI form. It is a form that PADI uses. The file name 2022-02-padi-medical-pdf is misleading. The logos on the form are from DAN, WRSTC, RSTC, RSTC-Europe, UHMS, and CMAS. The form was published by the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS).
Absolutely... the file name was of my own making so I can identify files faster. There really was no need for PADI being there... pure habit I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom