New MK3 1 piece Undergarment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it unheard of to layer this w/ the MK2 or would that be overkill. I don't want to purchase a weezle extreme + for the once or twice a year I head to the great lakes. It looks like the MK3 alone will plenty suffice for the coldest waters here in NC/SC. The MK2 for more temperate waters. Layering the 2 for 30-40 degree water?

The MK2 and the MK3 would be excessive. We carry an MK1 - that I suppose you could layer under it - but I personally would think that a thin polypro top and bottom layered under it for really cold waters would be enough.

Thanks,
Tyler

Does any store carry it and the new Fusion around Boston ? And by carry it, I mean, have it in stock so I can see how it fits ?

edasque, thanks for your comment....

I wish I could say yes.....but at this point I can not - what I can tell you is that we have multiple requests for dealerships lately - please contact your local dive shop to request that they become dealers. the process is very easy.

Until the next Dive,
Tyler

I just ordered an MK3. I've heard a lot of good things about it. Hope it holds true.

Ditto, I'll post a report when I get mine.

I dove the MK3 when I demoed the Fusion. In my opinion, it is as warm as the DUI 400g Thinsulate jumpsuit, but better tailored and more flexible. I did 80 minutes in 45 degree water in a laminate suit (the Fusion) and I was cold at the end of the dive, but not shivering, which is pretty darned good for me.

Just got an MK3 and took it out for its first dive today. I have to say that I'm impressed and in the spirit to providing helpful information I'll be posting up performance reviews for my dives this weekend and the next.
Today's dive was 74min in 42ºF (5.6ºC - averaged from 4 computers). Was wearing the MK3 with a t-shirt and long john pants underneath (no top though). The dive was a training dive so lots of hovering and doing S, valve and ascent drills. Including surface swimming and chatting on the surface the total in water time was at least 100min. Started out feeling almost too warm, by the time we got out of the water I was warm enough that I would have been happy to continue diving for a while. I could definitely feel that I was losing some heat but I wasn't even to the point of feeling the chill creep in. By comparison, after 100min in the water with the MK3 I was warmer than I usually was with my BARE HI-Loft after about 30. Just bought a polartec shirt to wear under the mk3, partly because I want to see how warm I'll be with the extra layer, but mostly because I want to keep my mk3 smelling as fresh as possible for as long as possible. Next set of dives is tomorrow, I'll let you know how it holds up.

Edit: Forgot to mention. I didn't have any mobility issues with the mk3 when it came to reaching valves, clipping and unclipping various odds and ends, donnig/doffing gear etc. but it is a bit bulkier than I'm used to and my suit is a little skinnier than I'd like it to be, so squeezing into my drysuit was, if anything else, entertaining for those who were watching.

Round 2 with the MK3: Same water temp as last time, 2 dives 52 and 41min respectively with a 1:36 surface interval. Couldn't tell you what the air temp was but it did start snowing, so somewhere in the vicinity of 0ºC. Then end result after these two dives and surface interval wearing the MK3 and a thin polartec base layer: Still warm, but only just. I'm convinced that I could pull at least a 100min bottom time with this combo, probably longer. Now I just have to see how it holds up after 50 or so dives.

S. Starfish-

Are you in a shell suit? I have an MK3 coming soon, so I'll be able to add to the reviews when it shows up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom