NEW Nauticam stuff for the NA-EM5 housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PHIL RUDIN

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Nauticam now has a new replacement LCD back which allows you to mount at 45 or 180 degree accessory viewfinder for the EVF. I just installed mine and will give it a workout tomorrow. I already owned the 45 degree viewfinder and still think the EVF is much better than an LCD.

Nauticam has also released a new cap for the 67mm thread dome ports which will protect the port during travel and in use if you like.

Phil Rudin PHILRUDIN-AUGMASTR-1.JPG-9240141.jpgPHILRUDIN-AUGMASTR-1.JPG-9240147.jpg

Phil:

I'm sure this question is getting asked a lot, but, have you heard anything on when the 60mm macro port is going to be out? I'm hoping they had a pre-release lens and have already designed the port, but I'm probably wishing too hard.

Thanks,
Dennis

Nauticam now has a new replacement LCD back which allows you to mount at 45 or 180 degree accessory viewfinder for the EVF. I just installed mine and will give it a workout tomorrow. I already owned the 45 degree viewfinder and still think the EVF is much better than an LCD.

Nauticam has also released a new cap for the 67mm thread dome ports which will protect the port during travel and in use if you like.

Phil RudinView attachment 136481View attachment 136482

Are these view finders easy to install on the housing or do they have to be ordered installed with a new housing?

Are these view finders easy to install on the housing or do they have to be ordered installed with a new housing?

AFAIK you need to insert a new rear display window in order to accomodate the optional view finder. No new housing needed :) The optional 45 view finder and the needed rear display window is not cheap though. Both combined is around the price of the housing.

Last edited:
AFAIK you need to insert a new rear display window in order to accomodate the optional view finder. No new housing needed :) The optional view finder and the needed rear display window is not cheap though. Both combined is around the price of the housing.

Ouch. I guess the default is just fine. Perhaps it would be worth it for a D800 housing not for this camera.

Back
Top Bottom