New Norte Today 28JAN- Thursday 01FEB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DEAR TRIACNA,

In case you might think I have been blaming them due to a commercial connection with Aldora Divers, get over it! I started Aldora Divers in the Nineties and Sold all interest in 2021. But I remain friends with ALL of them.

Dave Dillehay
DEAR DAVE,

You disparaged your friends op by claiming that they aren’t safe. You refuse to tell us why.

DEAR DAVE,

You disparaged your friends op by claiming that they aren’t safe. You refuse to tell us why.
To be fair, he never said that they aren't safe. He said "But I am afraid that because of finances they may not be able to provide all the safety you might want". There is a difference between the two. That being said, I would also like to know what they may not able to provide, due to finances, when it comes to diver and diving safety. Just throwing that statement out there without specifics or proof, especially on a diving website, hardly seems fair or unbiased.

I agree with Shawn, there is a large difference between what he said and what is being inferred. If I am diving way up north or the east side with limited additional support, the op I am with I would like to have the Nautilus that Aldora provides divers, those are expensive and many other ops might not be able to afford while starting out. I am not sure that is what Dave is getting at, but that would be a concern for me.

One of the things that the north winds and cooler temperatures have done is lower the water temperature in Coz. My computer displays the minimum temp for the dive. Temp today second dive 78* F, 25.5* C.

One of the things that the north winds and cooler temperatures have done is lower the water temperature in Coz. My computer displays the minimum temp for the dive. Temp today second dive 78* F, 25.5* C.
What was the max temp?

What was the max temp?
Whatever the minimum temp is for the dive is what is displayed at the conclusion of the dive along with the usual other things. Water temps by my computer have been 82* F 27.8*C consistently. I haven't seen anything below that till today.

Chilly divers on the boat today.

Meanwhile next Monday and Tuesday are not looking good but after that easterlies thru Carnival
(speed in KPH)

1706807010993.png

Meanwhile next Monday and Tuesday are not looking good but after that easterlies thru Carnival
(speed in KPH)

View attachment 824583
Yes, another Norte Sunday night into Monday and Tuesday. My guess is it will open later in the morning on Wednesday if then. That's okay because I arrive Wednesday afternoon and the rest of the week looks good.

Back
Top Bottom