** New Oceanic EOS Review **

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's good to be excited. Jealousy is a green eyed monster! Thanks for sharing your impressions as you get them.

Are you saying you do not work for or own a dive store? Or is this quote a lie?

No one has any problem with "fellow divers" sharing their passion, unless that passion is constantly trying to inject advertising into a discussion forum by calling it "sharing."
What the heck is wrong with you dude and the rest of the "crew" that is knocking the guy for this thread???

Are you trying to show everyone that you "caught" a shop operator Mike trying to sell more regs? Even if he is using this thread to maximize regulator sales at his shop, what is wrong with that? Just let it go. If you think Mike is doing something that goes against SB policy write to the board admins, don't waste your time and electricity on making ridiculous posts like this.

Besides, last time i checked, his shop is his livelihood and his shop is a SPONSOR of this board and he can through in a piece of advertising here and there without asking you and the rest of you people.

Cheers.

Thanks OMOH, Netdoc, and the others....

Mattboy, what I was saying was the intent of the thread wasnt trying to "sell you anything" It was to let interested people know there is a new product coming out and offer an inside look. Its pretty obvious that I run a store, you can easily see that at the bottom of my posts, so I wouldnt call anything a lie. What I was trying to get across is that my intent wasnt from a "make a dollar" point of view....It was just being a diver that has an opporunity to share a cool toy he gets to test. I didnt know that everytime I was one here, it had to be from a store vantage point, so I clearly said this wasnt the case.......

I do believe that this is my thread, so if I wanted to inject salesman ship into it, I have every right to do so....no where did I try to do that and clearly made the point in previous posts that I wasnt trying to sell anything.

Thanks for your reply

Dive Right In, I appreciate the first look at a new product. I'm sorry that people are knocking you for offering a first look at something that isn't even for sale yet. I have never felt a sales pitch in any of what you have written on the EOS, and I appreciate you giving us a heads up on what's new from Oceanic. I hope that you will continue to do this with their products in the future.

i wonder what oceanic's and hollis' relationship is regarding the equipment. I ahve also noticed a hollis and oceanic light with the same industrial design. Is it the same gear or is one modifying it somehow?

Hollis is a subsidiary of Oceanic and bears the family name of the owners. It's really Bob's signature line and shows his life long dedication to technical diving: even before it was called that. Quite often, tech gear has a place in the rec diving world and the opposite is also true. It doesn't make sense for these companies to pay double or triple for development, design and tooling. Either way, you can be sure that no corners were cut in the process. The gear is solid in design and construction.

The EOS second stage was first released as the Hollis 212 second stage.

yep....The two are the same reg...The differences are in the first stage. The Oceanic has the FDX-10 first stage on it and the Hollis will have a totally different first stage(not exactly sure of specs yet) but the regs are the same.

Dove the EOS this weekend, took it down to 65 ft(AOW-deep dive with Public Safety Dive team) and it was about 43 degrees...breathed extremely easy. I just bought a Sherwood SR1 which breathes great(same price), and the Eos is a definetly easier breathing! No problems with Freeflowing, seems there was a problem with the seat spring and they just needed to tighten up the spring a bit....was flawless!!!

I think this is what has caused the delay in the release of the Hollis reg as well, no confirmation from Hollis, but......being the same reg, its fairly obvious

When we get it in stock, we will try and do like we have with the fusion drysuit, if you want to try before you buy, we will send it to you to try....if you like it you keep it as we will have sent you a new model...if not, send it back all your out is shipping. Trying to be able to let those that want to try stuff before they buy, be able to...has worked out so far for those that dont have a local shop, or their shop doesnt carry what they want....This way you can see for yourself if you like it, vs. taking someone elses word

Mike's (Dive Right In Scuba) signature:

"Our Success is base on your Satisfaction!"

That says it ALL!!! Wish I had a LDS like DRIS!!! Thanks for the great info. I'm seven hours away, but would make the trip for that type of customer service in a heart beat.

... Wish I had a LDS like DRIS!!! ...
Mike, wow! These guys, the board i mean, started to refer to you as an abbreviation. This means acceptance...

Back
Top Bottom