New Oly 5060

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sculpin

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Just got my new camera, Oly 5060 can't wait to get the housing.
Original choice was the 5050 but for various reasons ended up with the 5060. Works out more expensive so have to find a source for the housing (PT 020) that is not too expensive, any suggestions appreciated.
Getting used to lots of dials and knobs, bit different to my Nik V, more learning?
Been messing about on land and very impressed so far.
Sculpin.

Not sure what your import laws are there in Barbados but if you can't fint a PT-020 reasonable anyplace you can order one from Yuzo in Japan for 23,500 Yen (about $220. US). Currency coverter here. I also can't say for sure if he will ship to Barbados.

Gilligan:
Not sure what your import laws are there in Barbados but if you can't fint a PT-020 reasonable anyplace you can order one from Yuzo in Japan for 23,500 Yen (about $220. US). Currency coverter here. I also can't say for sure if he will ship to Barbados.
I can import pretty much anything at a price!!!
Duties are heavy here especially on plastic products.
Hoping for someone visiting to bring it in for me but not very patient and may have to bite the bullet and pay duties.
Have seen them various places, (sea shooters) but missed the boat with a friend coming here, just not enough time for him to get it for me.
Sculpin.

Gilligan:

What keeps this housing so expensive? (Not that its not STILL a great value.) You think its the Flash connector? Its just surprising to me that its still in the $200+ range.

K

Mo2vation:
What keeps this housing so expensive? (Not that its not STILL a great value.) You think its the Flash connector? Its just surprising to me that its still in the $200+ range.

K
Maybe because it's new and they think they will sell at a higher price
The flash connector and changeable lens port will add to cost but by how much.
Like you say still not bad value.
Sculpin.

It's supply and demand. I paid $245 for my PT-015 a year ago, direct from Japan, when they were $299 here through dealers who were getting them gray market as well. Such is the case with the -020 as well.

TedJ:
It's supply and demand. I paid $245 for my PT-015 a year ago, direct from Japan, when they were $299 here through dealers who were getting them gray market as well. Such is the case with the -020 as well.

I wasn't aware that the PT-015 started in the same range. I think its more to do with model succession and time in market than S&D (although one feeds the other... sort of.) Cool. I'm sure the PT-020 will see a similiar price drop soon as well.

K

K,
The price of the 015 didn't really start to drop until Olympus America announced that they would be officially distributing the housings in the US. At that point the big dealers and other dive photo dealers had a way to get US product.

Got mine from Japan for USD$220 and I love it. Took it for its first dives last week and I'm really happy with the results. When I sort out the pictures I'll post some up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom