New photo album. Compares waterfront areas Hotel Barracuda to Punta Sur.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cicopo - I have pics of the Aquaworld dock area that Park Royal guests stay at. Let me know if you want them to add to it. I miss your old albums though!!!!! Why did you have to pare it down?

I have photos of it from before Wilma & while under re construction after but I'd be happy to add your photos & give you credit as the photographer. I'll PM you about it.

The reason the albums have been removed is as follows. Smugmug (a for profit photo hosting / selling business) bought Flickr (a no charge hosting site) & after about 1 year Smugmug announced that free accounts would be limited to 1000 photos (and they don't seem to care if they are low resolution for web sharing or the 20 megabite files my camera can produce). If you want to have more than 1000 files on line you needed to upgrade to a Pro account which is $50 or $55 US (roughly $70-75 Cdn at current exchange rate) which isn't a huge price BUT I have multiple free accounts each devoted to a specific thing, including the Cozumel account. Another account is used for the radio control flying events I photograph & it has 20,000 + photos so I have bought a Pro account to keep it on line while I try to get the Sanctioning Organization to host all those photos.
The R/C albums & Cozumel albums are the important stuff the other accounts are family stuff or business related but I'm now retired so not much new goes there. Now for the downside of the Pro account. Old people like me die & when that happens the yearly bill doesn't get paid & I'm thinking that after a few unanswered email reminders your photos get deleted FOREVER. That's a problem for my R/C stuff because it is considered as a historical record of the events I attend yearly as a volunteer. As such I have spent several months putting together the on line albums plus finding as many of the original photos as I could in a yearly format by event. I have donated all of it to the sanctioning non profit organization.
The free Flickr accounts shouldn't be removed unless they eventually cull accounts that haven't had recent upload activity etc. I suspect the free account photos will stay on line much longer than an overdue unpaid Pro account will.

Well that sucks. I use Smug Mug and pay yearly for it.

What about Google Photos? Is it free?

Google Photos seems to be another free service that's getting cut. I had several albums there after Google switched them over from Picasa Web Albums but I had a notice in Feb that the service would end in March or April so it would be necessary to download any you wanted to keep, which I did. There was an issue too once they changed them to Google Photos in that they converted your jpg's to some strange file system that prevented you from sharing your photos to other sites like we have for years. Free web sharing services are a fading most likely due to a lack of advertisers supporting them or too few sales of mugs, T shirts etc. None of the photography forums I belong to have found a reliable free service to recommend.

That sucks. Sent you a few pics. I will get more better ones when I am there in June to show how the PR connects to AW and better shots of AWs docks and diver area for you. :)

That will be great. Thanks for the help.

Just beside the tank dolly in the second pic. It didn't really look new to me. It's just a vertical ladder. About as easy (or hard) to use as a boat ladder.
I was just there; the ladder of which you speak is now gone. It was there when I was there last year but ahora no mas.

OK thanks for the update. Guess I'll change the photo again.

Back
Top Bottom