New Record Depth to be Attempted on Inspiration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Funny, they "train" for one year and then they realise ONE WEEK before that they do not have the money ?

This is as stupid as it can get in my opinion.

Bragged for one year and then weenie-ing out.

At least it gave me a good laugh !

Michael

Their website now appears to be down as well.

db8us once bubbled...
At least it gave me a good laugh

Gettin' nasty in your old age, aren't you? :wink:

Easy for you to laugh, you're more accomplished than most. Pretty much finished the Doux de Coly, herzlichen Glückwunsch by the way.

I'm not much for record-setting dives, so I couldn't care less about those guys diving or cancelling. But it is a bit embarrasing ... then again, if their financial planning is any indication for their dive planning, might be a good thing.

"laugh" might have been to nasty.
I more or less could not believe it to have such a bad planning on land.
I mean, if you bring together the equipment and team, locations, boat, etc. then you have to have you financial stuff together long ago ???

And also i think it is not THAT expensive......

To me it looks more like excuses for not doing it....

Michael

When you dive the RB80, do you rig it with an extra 2nd stage for your partner/safety divers? Or do you each rely on your own gas supply via the DSV integrated 2nd? (when using a single gas supply in the breather)

PS: With 'record breaking dives' in my previous post I ment dives that have the record as it's sole purpose. Not purposeful dives that end up setting one.

Hi,

we have an OC reg on all Bottom-Mix Trimix-Stages and of course we have the long hose.
So there is plenty of gas available since we do not breathe the backgas at all !

Greetings

Michael

Just been sent info below;

>>Simon has just completed a world record of a solo rebreather dive to 150
metres on 2nd August.

Apparently he was using an inspiration and diving a wall.

But is 150m a record on ccr??? -
:confused:

I think it's about 180msw for the YBOD
Dived off Brisbane Queensland Australia :wacko:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom