New Rig....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The rig gets wet (for real) for the first time this weekend at Blue Springs. Follow up reports to edit!

Let us know how your weekend goes. You'll have a blast swimming that little Mach IV around. You will never notice that it's there.:14:

MBH,

Will do! Made a couple small changes to the rig, including 7' longhose, took the right hip D-ring off, switched face plates, and some other small things. I'm giving the 1'' crotch strap a chance before I pick up the 2''.

Danny

So today went great!

The rig felt like nothing in the water. My buddies were quite jealous (plus I was the only one lugging a single tank on our half mile walk to the head spring :D ) about the wing, they really liked it.

I figured out I need about 4 lbs of extra lead with the aluminum plate with a 3/2 Henderson suit, and 5mm Tusa boots. I put 1 lb on each side of the cam strap, and one on each side of the weigthbelt (all in the XS Scuba pockets). Blue Springs is a pretty rough place to check buoyancy at, you can't really hide from the flow. I was able to get out in the basin a little bit afterwards, and I was almost perfectly neutral at 10 feet.

All in all, a pretty good day.

Thoughts:
-I'm going to get a webbing keeper to keep the right-side weight pocket on, it wanted to slide off all of the time
- 1'' crotch strap really wasn't bad, I never even felt it
- 7' hose works a WHOLE lot better than 5'
- Dive Rite Hog harness didn't come with webbing keepers for the corners, so now I'm going to get some

Your Rig looks very streamline. I have a similar set-up, but for cold water.
Dive Rite TransPlate, SS BP, Lumbar Pad, SS Tank Cam Straps, STA, 2"crotch strap
and some small OMS pockets
Oxycheq Mach V Extreme 40lb
I only use the left waist belt bent D-ring for my stringer, but I am keeping the right bent D-ring for looks. I will never used the right D-ring - Oh, its keeper is keeping my OMS pocket in place. I fold the bent D-rings back against the pockets when not in use.

My belt buckle is more over my left leg where yours is over your right leg. I am set-up where I can take my Rig off and freedive without having to remove weight from my belt. I use a XS SCUBA pouch weight belt that is situated lower than my Dive Rite waist belt and the buckle is centered.

So today went great!

The rig felt like nothing in the water.

I told ya so.:D
I'm happy that it worked out for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom