New Server is Blazing Fast!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow. Thanks for posting. Makes it all worth while to know that others notice. :D

Vast improvement. :thumb:

I was getting tired of watching the little circle spin around waiting for a screen change. Nice to know the contributions are working.

Wow, the refresh speed knocked my socks off this morning! Thanks guys!
The new and improved ScubaBoardStore will be carrying a new line of socks for this very reason. :D

As for the servers, it was a collaborative effort. HowardE and I loaded/installed/configured them last Thursday at the data center in Orlando and then the amazing eva2000 worked his magic by installing Apache, PHP, vBulletin and a few other speed altering programs to tweak them out to the max. It was a sizable investment and worth every penny and second we have put into it. Server loads went from just under max to now barely idling. We have a few more tricks up our sleeve in the coming months to increase both stability and speed.

As Howard said though: thanks for noticing!!! We are glad that these are improving your overall experience here on ScubaBoard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed a very dramatic and noticeable speed boost from Australia :)

I'd estimate on web end server hardware wise with new servers and current stats, you'd easily have capacity for 6x to 8x times more traffic :D

Back
Top Bottom