New to Boston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeepman3sk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was out in Boston for the summer but didn't do much diving. However this year I will be back there. I went to pebble beach and a place down in Newport RI. Where are some good ok great places to go diving from the shore? I don't have a boat and can't really afford that. I will be finishing buying all of my gear in the next few days before I move out there. Also what are the best shops out there? I will be working in Framingham and living in Brighton. Thanks everyone!

A few dive shops that come to mind are PG Dive in Newton. Great people there to help you out especially newer people. Also, Mass Diving in Natick which is next to Framingham is a great shop as well. This site will give you fantastic info about local dive sites. You might also think about joining a local dive club as a way to meet fellow divers. Might I suggest the New England Aquarium Dive Club ( www.neadc.org)

good luck,

Mike.....................:azvatar:

PG Dive is probably the closest shop to Brighton, but United Divers in Somerville might be an option too. Cape Ann is the local Mecca for shore diving, but I'd recommed picking up a copy of "Beneath the Waters of Massachusetts Bay" by Donald Ferris for detail on a lot of sites in the area. Unfortunately, it's tricky to find good shore diving in the immediate Boston area unless you're on the shore of one of the Harbor Islands.

They are having their annual sale april 28-29. 20% of everything and a lot of excellent bargains on used (rental) equipment.

I have always used PG Dive in Newton... free fills and they organize dives on the weekends.

Jeepman3sk:
I was out in Boston for the summer but didn't do much diving. However this year I will be back there. I went to pebble beach and a place down in Newport RI. Where are some good ok great places to go diving from the shore? I don't have a boat and can't really afford that. I will be finishing buying all of my gear in the next few days before I move out there. Also what are the best shops out there? I will be working in Framingham and living in Brighton. Thanks everyone!

There's excellent shore diving in Cape Ann, MA.

If you're interested in learning more about the shore dives in Cape Ann, MA, the Metrowest Dive Club is very active, meeting at a Burger King every Saturday morning prior to choosing a shore dive in Cape Ann. After signing a waiver, they're happy to have someone buddy up with them.

http://www.mwdc.org/

Many of the shore dives in Cape Ann are quite enjoyable.

Here's a list of sites from the Cape Ann Divers dive shop webpage.

http://www.capeanndivers.com/findadivesite.htm

Here's their main page. They run good charters, too.

http://www.capeanndivers.com/

Good people at both the club and shop.

Please note, I am not affiliated with Metrowest Dive Club or Cape Ann Divers dive shop. I'm just an appreciative fan.

Dave C

Awsome thanks everyone. I'm looking at buying a few tanks when I get to Boston AL 80s. I haven't decided if I want to spend the money on new tanks or ge a few used ones. I just picked up my new Halcyon BCD which I loved when I tested it. Also is there a place to pick up some cheap lead? I can't wait to get diving. I hope to go diving on May 20th somewhere. My dive buddy from lastyear should be coming with me if anyone is interested let me know.

Back
Top Bottom