New to diving, would this be a knife I could use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

3dent:
... but consider how you will need to use it. I believe that prying is much more likely a task than poking, and prying with a pointy knife just breaks off the point. So I recommend a blunt knife. Self-defense isn't an issue, because 1. sharks don't attack divers, and 2. poking one will just piss it off. If your shark-attack plan is to stab your buddy and swim away, then slicing will work better than stabbing anyway...

LOL...Thats some funny stuff!!!

Wear what you like and what your comfortable with...I use a blunt tip Tusa X-Pert thats four tools in one i.e. saw, line cutter, blunt tip, and blade.

have a look at the blunt tip victory commercial divers knife mate - it cuts monofil like butter and if you google the knife you will find plenty of forums rating it highly.

$37 at the offshoreworkersstore.com

yeap its made in NZ too with a lifetime guarantee !

cheers and enjoy the bubbles

Nothing like reviving an old dead thread. LOL Sometimes you have to look at the date of the last post there mate. In this case it was December 2nd, 2004. Nothing wrong with contributing but when there hasn't been a post to a thread in nearly 4 years you're just wasting key strokes. :shocked2:

Cheers,

mate have a look at the victory blunt tip its all good and fits the above requirements.

"this knife is not designed for cutting the things a normal diver needs to cut...It won't help you much with fishing line, kelp (if you can't just break it), prying things, etc.

Get something that has a blunt tip, and has a line cutter..

offshoreworkersstore.com

cheers and enjoy

Nothing like reviving an old dead thread. LOL Sometimes you have to look at the date of the last post there mate. In this case it was December 2nd, 2004. Nothing wrong with contributing but when there hasn't been a post to a thread in nearly 4 years you're just wasting key strokes. :shocked2:

Cheers,

LOL, no kidding. But I wonder if he bought a knife since :eyebrow:

opps classic oh well what did forest gump say? ... stupid is as stupid does sir! still finding my feet in the whole world of forums i am afraid. However to all you folks working today i just wanted to tell you that i am off for a dive in nz to get a small sack of scallops and a few tasty 1kg crayfish for the BBQ tonight

happy days

Good luck with the hunt mate and post some pictures of the catch. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom