New to scuba but not to the ocean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rob Bibber

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all, New guy here so figured I'd introduce myself.

I'm a former lobster fisherman from Maine and grew up making a life on the sea. I have done plenty of snorkeling and free diving - sometimes by necessity (like clearing rope out of the prop). Finally, I decided to take the plunge (pun intended) and get scuba certified.

I work from home as a software engineer and live in an RV. I am currently based out of Bigfork Montana but got certified in Maine. This Fall I am traveling to Nebraska to spend time with my daughter and from there to the Texas coast to spend the winter. Looking for folks to dive with locally in the Rockport/Corpus Christi area.

If you don't mind me asking where in Maine? I am having a hard time finding anyone to dive with here, too bad you aren't living around here anymore. Welcome to the forum. It is a great place for learning.

Welcome!! Don't be surprised if you start taking that RV to FL, NC, or CA after you get a few dives in. Scuba diving can become addicting very quickly :wink:

If you don't mind me asking where in Maine? I am having a hard time finding anyone to dive with here, too bad you aren't living around here anymore. Welcome to the forum. It is a great place for learning.

I am currently staying at a campground in Phippsburg but leaving Oct 7th. This is my last weekend here. Planning a dive for Sunday if I can find someone to dive with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom