New to scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, but a commonly held opinion. For the most part it's the trolls who feel the opposite.

A troll is a post looking to stir up trouble. Often it's a question that is not asked to gain information, but insteadis just stirring the pot. When fishermen troll the are dragging a hook through the water hoping for a bite. Trolls throw out a post hoping for a bite. A troll is also one who trolls.

Jepuskar is quite proud to be a troll, although lately he seems to be proud that he doesn't troll as much as he once did. He still troll much more than he should, IMHO.

My latest Jep analysis says....he's attempting to disguise his trolling by using elaborate phrases....

You know he used to be the used car salesman that flat out lied, but you knew it...

Now he's a used car guy wearing a suit, having the car buffed, and tires polished before lying to the customer....

Isn't that what internet boards are for? To bring up questions with no definite answers? Isn't it a succesful thread when it has a lot of posts? How do you get a lot of posts? By throwing out controversial questions that have many answers, or none whatsoever, right?

Of course there are also threads that are started by people who don't know something so they post it on the board (let's say they want to know how many degrees Farenheit are zero Celsius), but once the question is answered, there's not much else to say so the thread is abandoned.

Using this reasoning, aren't we all trolling?
(I guess I'm trolling by asking the above question, hehehe)

Yes Walter, I am proud of my boring non-trolling posts......

however, I do have a problem being just like everyone else, i like to get people going because sometimes thats a good way to find out who they really are.

who else can cause a moderator to put them on their ignore list?

Quite a shame really...no need for that, i am harmless and full of it. I am one of the nicest people to know and i care about the divers in my view whether i know them or not.

If everyone knows I am trolling then it is no big deal..its a troll, nothing more, nothing less.

We should go diving sometime.....I love diving.

jepuskar once bubbled...
Yes Walter, I am proud of my...trolling posts......

however, I do have a problem...i like to get people going...Quite a shame really...i am...full of it.

...I am trolling...its a troll, nothing more, nothing less.

You said it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom