New to scubaboard and I have a question about threads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zyxomma

Registered
Reaction score
I have been reading through messages posted along with posting my own messages.

My question is how do I go about seeing what people have said to a message I have posted in someone elses thread? Is there a link that is posted in my user profile somewhere with recent theards I have posted and recent replies to other peoples threads? Or do I have to just remember which ones I repiled to and posted?

Thanks
Nick

Welcome to the board!

Go to control panel and subscribe to the threads you post in and you'll get an email when anyone posts.

Joe

Hi Nick and welcome! When you post in a thread, you become subscribed to it. If you click on "user CP" it will list threads you are subscribed to that have recent posts. If there are no recent posts you can see subscribed threads by clicking the "List Subscriptions" link in the User CP. By the way, the CP stands for Control Panel. Hope that helps.

Scott Riemer:
Hi Nick and welcome! When you post in a thread, you become subscribed to it. If you click on "user CP" it will list threads you are subscribed to that have recent posts. If there are no recent posts you can see subscribed threads by clicking the "List Subscriptions" link in the User CP. By the way, the CP stands for Control Panel. Hope that helps.

Yes, that works - if under "Edit Option" from the "Quick Links" above you have Default Thread Subscription Mode: When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread turned on.

If you have Do not subscribe selected, it won't work. I think most of us use No email notification so we won't get an email every time someone posts on a subscribed thread. I keep "User CP" in my favorites and come onto SB that way.

Anyway, Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!

See ya' around the forums...

don :sgrin:

True, I assumed that Default Thread Subscription Mode is set to something other than "Do not Subscribe". Posting in a lot of threads, I have the "no email notification" setting on so as not to get 100's of e-mails.

Hi there and welcome to ScubaBoard! I think that you will be able to learn a lot here, and hopefully post some of your own experiences as well! My name is Kayla, and I have been diving for two years now. If you have any questions or problems.... or you just want to chat... PM me! Otherwise, I hope to get to know you better around the boards!

Safe diving!
Kayla :dazzler1:

Heya Nick, welcome to the Board... I've found the more your on here, the faster you learn how to work everything. Good luck! Let us know if you need anything else...

Cheers,
Vickie

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

I always use the Quick Links drop down menu and then click on Subscribed Threads. You should be set up to be automatically subcribed to any thread you post in.

Dive safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or repsond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom