new to site and diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

APCICRST

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to this site and a little confused on how it works. I have only been diving for a year now. I have a NAUI certificate and have only been on one open water dive, what a scare that was, of the coast of Aruba.

to the Scuba Board!
Aruba what a great way to get started!. as far as how to use the SB just keep clicking on buttons and if you dont crash your Father Board you Win. Like all things it takes time. :crash:

Mike

What was scarry about Aruba? Size of waves? How come you only have 1 OW dive if you're certified?

BTW, welcome to the board!

And welcome to SB! :wavey: Put us in your Favorites, and check in often. All you need to do is practice; practice safely, but dive often....

don

Arnaud:
What was scarry about Aruba? Size of waves? How come you only have 1 OW dive if you're certified?

BTW, welcome to the board!

A bit of confusion, it was my first opwn water ocean dive. I certified in fresh water in upstate new your in May.

The scarry part was the dive company. mermaid divers was not what the posted. To may people on one boat and very little safety.

scubadude010:
SB! This site's awesome! What are you confused about??

I have trouble navigating the site. The more I use it the easier it gets.

Ron Brandt:
This is a great place to be.

A fellow I learned to dive with moved to Aruba because he liked it so much

Welcome.

Ron

Ron,
My wife and I loved Aruba, it was the dive company that was recomended to me that was the bad part. I asked them if they had any 30 to 50 ft. dives and the said yes, after I signed on and we got to the dive site it turned into a 80 ft dive, (I guess that my math was off). They also crowded 19 people on their 23FT boat. I had to rent equipment when I got there (bc and reg) the bc fit fine but I had to beat the second stage reg on my had to stop the free flow. All in all it was not a good time.

After everything is said and done my wife and I are going back to Aruba this April, not the dive company, and I will still dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom