New to the board...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greetings from the rest of the world....Yes....we do exist out here in 'Not Texas-land' and we have horses and morse-code and all those dang-fangled mod-cons.. :rolleyes:
Oh..and we even dive in the "OCEAN !!!!!!".You know....that watery stuff next to the beach....with waves and stuff....
Welcome anyways....200 dives in 4 years....every weekend?
You dooo belong here......
Cheers Big Ears,
The Thunder from Down Under,
The one and only,
Gasman

Places where nobody's been and parts where nobody wants to go.

ID

Actually I live in Midwest City, a suburb of Oklahoma City.

Cblount130...Several of us are headed to Possum Kingdom lake this Sunday if you would like to join us. Send me e-mail if you'd like to join up and I'll include you in our local list.

I have also created a "community" area for the Folks in the North Texas area who populate this board. Please visit the [red]Texas Swamp Diving Team page[/red] if you'd like to keep up with what is going on. Not much is there right now, but I hope it will grow as we use it.

Careful Gasman, them's fightin words. We Texans (and that includes transplants like me)think there are only 2 places on earth, Texas and not Texas. It's like the song says "When I die please let me go to Texas". I guess if Texas had an ocean it would be heaven!

CHEERS NON-TEXAN EARS!

Laura

Welcome CB.

Don't mind them silly ferners - they're just jealous. So what if they get to dive in saltwater. So what if they get 100'+ vis. So what if they get to romp around coral and sponges and kelp. So what if they get to see more than perch and the occasional catfish. Nah, they KNOW Texas is the dive capital of the world! (Why? we haven't figured out yet)

Check out the North America section near the bottom of the main page. We're usually scheming on dive trips to the local lakes.

Hi from another Native Texican. Barn and reared in 'ouston and livin in The Colony. The wife and I are part of the group gone to PK this weekend. If ya wanna go jest say so. Taint none of us too proud to dive in a mud hole.

Welcome,

Tom

I talked to my bud Charlie about meeting y'all at PK. He's revamping the boat and doesn't think he'll have it done by next weekend.

Originally posted by Puchikatt
A warm hello from sunny Miami, FL & welcome to the board!

Would you mind sharing some details about your Bonaire experience? My husband & I are looking at some live-aboards & other possible diving vacations & we just happen to have been discussing Bonaire from a magazine article we saw recently.

Hi Puchikatt!

We really enjoyed Bonaire. We stayed at a place called Bel Mar. It was condominiums right on the water. We got a package deal that included unlimited air from Toucan divers. They have a little shop right next to Bel Mar. This is a really nice way to go if you rent a truck because you have a lot of independence to shore dive any time you want to. The only down side to that is that you have to load and unload your gear into the truck every time you go. But it was good for us, we liked being on our own schedule and not having to meet up with a boat every morning. If you don't want to go to all that trouble, live-aboards are good, but I don't have any experience with any in that area. The only live-aboard I've been on was Peter Hughes out of Belize, and I really enjoyed that.

There are lots of other places to stay in Bonaire. I've heard good things about Captain Don's Habitat, but that's about all I know.

I have some pictures from Bonaire that I've put on Webshots.com, but I'm not sure what is the best way to show y'all my pictures. We saw an animal on two night dives that we are not sure what it is, and I'd like to see if anyone can identify it. I'll try to get it out there some how so you can see it.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

CB

Originally posted by Tom Vyles
Hi from another Native Texican. Barn and reared in 'ouston and livin in The Colony. The wife and I are part of the group gone to PK this weekend. If ya wanna go jest say so. Taint none of us too proud to dive in a mud hole.

Welcome,

Tom

Thanks for the invite, Tom and TexasMike, but I'll have to pass this time. I have to do some family stuff down in Granbury this weekend. My husband is going to Lake Travis on Saturday, but I won't be going with him, either. (Darn the luck.) Where do y'all go at PK? - Scuba Point?

TexasMike - Y'all sound like a real fun group. I'd be happy to be included on your emails.

Thanks,
CB

Originally posted by greg somers
Greetings from the rest of the world....Yes....we do exist out here in 'Not Texas-land' and we have horses and morse-code and all those dang-fangled mod-cons.. :rolleyes:
Oh..and we even dive in the "OCEAN !!!!!!".You know....that watery stuff next to the beach....with waves and stuff....
Welcome anyways....200 dives in 4 years....every weekend?
You dooo belong here......
Cheers Big Ears,
The Thunder from Down Under,
The one and only,
Gasman

Thanks for the welcome, Gasman! Yes, believe it or not, 200 dives in 4 years. Not every weekend, but everytime we go on a diving vacation, we dive as much as we can the whole time because it's not very often that we get to see the Blue Water. You know, like you said - those not Texas places that have Oceans and stuff. Plus, I've been continuing my training to stay in the water, too. So that racks up some dives, too.

Thanks & happy diving!
CB

Back
Top Bottom