New to the Board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingLonghorn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi y’all,

I am new to the board and wanted to introduce myself. As you can probably tell I am from the south – Dallas, TX. I was certified NAUI OW in ’94 (my wife as well) in Austin, TX (Lake Travis). My first dives were in Travis and the SCUBA bug bit me hard. Unfortunately or fortunately my next dive was in Cozumel (our honeymoon). Well, needless to say I was for a lost of words with diving in Cozumel – it beat Travis hands down. The reason I mentioned earlier about it being “Unfortunately” is I never did another freshwater dive since. The problem with this….I don’t have as many dives. I have 50+ dives (Cozumel, Oahu, Nassau – Shark Dive, Key West, Maui, and Cabo). This being said, my last trip to Cozumel (May 2003) I am making a concerted effort to dive more in and around the Texas area. The two areas I want to improve on is buoyancy and air consumption. Once I get these down, I will be looking towards AOW, and possibly Nitrox. Still have a long time of diving ahead of me and feel “baby steps” is the best way to go.

Look forward with future discussions.

Mike

Welcome to the board!

Enjoy your freshwater diving. It will be a rewarding experience. Most of my dives have been in freshwater here in wisconsin lakes and quarries and it is all very enjoyable diving. Not as colorful or warm as tropical locations but it is still very good diving.

.. to the boards! Hope to see you around for further discussions... Dive safe!:)

Kayla:)

Thanks Kayla,
I am actually going to be in the Seattle area during Labor Day. One of my friends has a cabin on San Juan Island. Do you know if there is any good diving in that area?

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom