New To The Board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rhyno.dm

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening to all!

My name is Ryan and as I've just joined I wanted to introduce myself to the rest of the board.

I certified as an open water diver in 2010 during a trip to Port Macquarie Australia, and from that moment I was hooked. I've continued to train, and now am a certified Divemaster. Due to the nature of living in a "landlocked" area for a significant amount of rime, most of my logged dives are the lakes surrounding San Antonio, Texas, where I lived for several years. One of my most unique dives was an abandoned Air Force missile silo in mid-Texas (great for depth training, not much to look at). I've also had the opportunity to dive Key Largo and Ft. Lauderdale. Currently I'm residing in Peterborough, United Kingdom. While I haven't had the opportunity yet to dive off the Coast of England or Scotland yet, I have made several dry suit dives at the Gildenburgh water, and hope to make a few seal diving trips before I leave the UK.

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to getting to know many of you here on the board!

-Ryan

Hi Ryan :)

Welcome!!!

I enjoyed reading this quick review of your dive experiences - you have a great portfolio of varied dives, and you're only at the Divemaster level! Not that being a Divemaster doesn't have its challenges :wink: But if/when you continue your dive education to become an Instructor, all your dive experiences is going to be really valuable to your instructional skills and your students will strive to be SAFE divers like I'm sure YOU are yourself.

If you do consider to continue along the professional scuba diving route, our dive operations offer attractive internships, and is located in Borneo, with many surrounding islands of South East Asia, which offers some of the worlds' best warm-water diving and incredible biodiversity of marine life! WWII wrecks, macrolife on extensive coral reef systems, drift diving for the chance to see mantas or hammerheads or mola-mola, muck diving to spot the strangest creatures, and more, can all be found in and around Borneo!
Go PRO internship programs at our Downbelow 5 Star IDC Dive Centre includes UNLIMITED scuba diving in TAR marine park in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. Furthermore, ALL packages our Sabah Travel Centre create are offered at a discounted price - for which many of our interns arrange time within their itinerary to visit the world famous Sipadan Island on the East Coast! After all, many divers turn professional to be able to dive ALL the time, and Instructors can spend as much time as they wish underwater (this is a figure of speech of course!)

We want all visitors to see how beautiful Sabah, Borneo is; and for the hard work our interns put in to their professional dive training, especially candidates of the Instructor Development Course, our GoPRO advisors make their experience of the dive lifestyle as worthwhile as possible!

Hi Ryan!

I have to give you a shout out because you mentioned living in San Antonio for some time. Me too! Actually, I'm a born and raised Texan - spent many years around San Antonio and lived there for 4 years before moving to the Philippines.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom