New to the Board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In the words of the immortal Billy Idol ...
In the midnight hour she cried- "mo, mo, mo"
With a rebel yell she cried- "mo, mo, mo"
In the midniight hour babe- "mo, mo, mo"
With a rebel yell she cried "mo, mo, mo"
Mo, mo, mo.

Mo, mo, modiver .... welcome!

King Neptune:

Could it have been the Gasconade River? Wide, Clear and Swift, the Gasconade is an excellent floating and diving river. I believe it actually flows through Ft. Leonardwood Property a few miles west of the Base. Missouri's #1 sport is (eating jello shots while) canoe-ing (or at least it should be) and there are many canoe rental operations the length of the lower gasconade.

I love the Gasconade River and the Current River for diving. With a max of ~25' in the deepest holes one tank should last a long time - unless you are fighting the current the whole time, in which case you and your regulator will get a great workout :) There are nice schools of Drum and Carp(I'd guess alot of 'em are 20+lbs!), Huge Small and Largemouth Bass, and many various turtles and river snakes to photograph. In the right season the drum fish drum so loud it almost hurts your ears. The only challenge is the swift current. Plan on pulling yourself using the boulders, logs and debris along the river edges and in the holes as the main channel bottoms are mostly gravel with little to hold on to or hide behind. Strap those fins on as tight as possible so you don't sacrifice them to the gods of the current. Snorkeling is great in the shallows and I've found that fish are much less skitish while I hold my breath.

I believe the river was named after a rock concert held to benefit the gascons, who, as we all know, are in dire need of aid. (argh, sorry.....)

-------fleep---------

note to self: why am I replying to threads that are 5+ yrs old?

welcome to the board. have fun and dive safe

smilies-35311.png

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Always good to try a Search before starting a new thread, tho :search: - click here for Search help, and be careful about posting Threads & Replies before reading the Sticky threads at the tops of most forums. PM me if I can help you around here..

don
bananawave.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom