New to the craft

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stained91109

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm pretty new to diving. My father has been involved since I can remember, and I have been in the water once or twice with him. Finally I decided to take the plunge for myself, and get my cert. Although I'm not sure how much diving there is in Ohio. I'm really looking forward to getting my feet wet. My school offers SSI cert. ,but my father was a PADI instructor, and swears up and down that its the better choice. However, I intend to get as many cert. as I can to make a profession out of SCUBA. I really couldn't find much info on which organization employers favor. Any ideas???...By the way awesome site.

...sorry about the bad puns!

Welcome to the board! PADI and SSI are both widely recognized scuba certifications agencies...but PADI is probably a bit more widespread. You won't go wrong either way.

Hello, welcome to the board and the world underwater. I am new and also from Ohio and I hear there is some good dive sites here I have a 2 boats and plan to spend as much time as work and life allows ..lol.. on the water and under it this year. What part of Oh are you from? may be we could get to do some dives togeather some day. there is some clubes and groups up here that do alot in the water but of course not as nice as Fl. or the Tropics...LOL Enjoy the adventure!! and be safe

smilies-2351.png

Honestly, I don't think many care which agency...

Click Forums at the top to start checking all the choices, and try our :search: feature. Hope you enjoy your time here. Click my Username to PM me if I can help...??

thnks1agan.gif
don :cowboy:

Back
Top Bottom