New too - /5/19/07 Tampa Gathering

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

git-r-dun diver:
Count me in, too. Sounds fun. Diving, Pizza and beer.....souds like a winner to me

OK all. Looks like I should be able to do the 19th. Should we set it up for then? Do you guys want to? I will leave it up to you. :confused: :confused:

The Mrs going?

cotampa:
The Mrs going?

No the Mrs. and I are going on the 28th. I know you want to go eat Demetrios. We haven't been there since or Cert Dives. So should I count you in for this one or is work gonns screw it up? :confused:

Work is screwin this weekend, next weekend is off 8) you know I'll be there, will see if Brandon wants to dive (I know the answer).

cotampa:
Work is screwin this weekend, next weekend is off 8) you know I'll be there, will see if Brandon wants to dive (I know the answer).

Sweet!!!!! Even if no one else does this little shindig we will go somewhere to dive. If you come up with a better idea hit me with it. I don't care I just want to get wet. It has been too long!!!!!!!:D :D

CoolTech:
Welcome to the boards... and I hope you find a day job soon :rofl3:

Ahh... 3rds work great for me. 20% shift differential too.

Thanks all for the extremely warm welcome.

git-r-dun diver:
It sounds good to me. I have to see when my Advanced Class is rescheduled for. If they don't schedule it for the 19th we can try it then. It is a Saturday. We can do the Bradenton beach dives and then hit this great pizza place down there named Demetrios. They have some killer food!!!!! Let me know what you think and I will check on the class.:D :D

I am interested in a brandenton beach dive (never been) tell me more about the dive site :blinking:
Kim P

Divergirl4u:
I am interested in a brandenton beach dive (never been) tell me more about the dive site :blinking:
Kim P

Well I am thinkin of the Spanish Rocks. It's at the north end of Anna Maria Island. Easy beach access. Two sets of rocks. The first one is at 75 yards out and the second is at 125 yards out. The rocks stand about 5 feet off the sandy bottom. There was quite a bit of life around it last time I was there. That is where I got to swim with a large sea turtle. There is coral and other life there as well. It's not the prettiest but it is there to checkout. Max depth is only about 22 feet so you can stay down for a long time. It is a really enjoyable dive. Definately good for getting some of these newer divers more comfortable in the water. In my humble opinion anyway:wink:

I'm interested, too. Sounds like a great place for a newbie like me and I can get to know some Tampa area divers. Let me know what the plans are.

git-r-dun diver:
Well I am thinkin of the Spanish Rocks. It's at the north end of Anna Maria Island. Easy beach access. Two sets of rocks. The first one is at 75 yards out and the second is at 125 yards out. The rocks stand about 5 feet off the sandy bottom. There was quite a bit of life around it last time I was there. That is where I got to swim with a large sea turtle. There is coral and other life there as well. It's not the prettiest but it is there to checkout. Max depth is only about 22 feet so you can stay down for a long time. It is a really enjoyable dive. Definately good for getting some of these newer divers more comfortable in the water. In my humble opinion anyway:wink:

So, when are you guys going to do this? I would love to come :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom