New training plan....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I heard Ginnie was open but the vis isn't what it usually is. I think Peacock is still up over the parking lot though.

JB and Vortex are in good shape also but you can't do a circuit or traverse at Vortex and you have to get in there pretty far to do a circuit in JB.

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...
....I wear bright colors, don't match,...

Have you been wearing my gear again when I wasn't looking, how many times have I TOLD you NOT to do that--you're stretching it so it doesn't fit ME! :D

While I'd love to participate I'm too claustrophobic to go into anything smaller than a cavern:(
Ber :bunny:

Ber Rabbit once bubbled...

While I'd love to participate I'm too claustrophobic to go into anything smaller than a cavern:(

Some of the stuff we dive is big enough to drive a bus through. Maybe even big enough for a basket ball court. I have more room in many caves than I do in Gilboa on the weekend. LOL

BTW, I know a pretty good cavern instructor!

:D:D: and that would be a purely objective opinion wouldn't Mike?:)

jbd once bubbled...
:D:D: and that would be a purely objective opinion wouldn't Mike?:)

Certainly. Just ask me.

GUEdiver once bubbled...
My radar indicated someone around here said "cave?"
When? Soon? OK! Let's go!
:eek:utahere:

PS - I'm going to FL on Saturday to buddy up with a cave student friend of mine (that some of you know) while he finishes his certification Sunday-Tuesday. We're keeping our fingers crossed that Devil's will be clear enough for the instructor to give the green light for training dives....

Just got off the horn with some central springs. Keep them fingers crossed tight. They have some serious flooding right now. The springs industry down that way has lost out on a ton of money over the past month.

I've been keeping an ear to the ground every day for the past month. The rains and flooding have been brutal, not surprising at this time of year. As of today, Manatee and Devil's are the only two open. Our stuff is scheduled for Devil's, and it seems to be at moderate flow with 40-50 vis. Provided today's rains don't foul things, we should be in the clear as far as additional water goes. It wasn't but a week or so ago that a guy wrote on www.cavediver.net that the water was so high that he was able to do his deco on the stairs that you normally walk down to get to the Devil's Eye.

If you are interested, have you seen the new "conditions" section of cavediver.net? It has up to date info on springs/caves separated into each of the river basins. It's cool and a great resource.

An extra element that has me itching to go is that I now have an Olympus C5050 digital camera with an Ikelite housing, so I am eager to take pictures in the caves.

I'm keeping my eye on the weather channel and hoping I'll be in Florida on Saturday night!

GUEdiver once bubbled...

If you are interested, have you seen the new "conditions" section of cavediver.net? It has up to date info on springs/caves separated into each of the river basins. It's cool and a great resource.

An extra element that has me itching to go is that I now have an Olympus C5050 digital camera with an Ikelite housing, so I am eager to take pictures in the caves.

That is a cool sight. I haven't been cave diving since 96' and probably won't do much more than a minor penatration like at Devils again.

That is a SWEET SWEET camera...You rob a bank?

Just working my a** off at two jobs to pay for scuba gear! FYI, I managed to get the C5050 for $594 from a reputable camera shop in NY, as opposed to paying the $799 that retail electronics stores want here in town. It is available on line for even less than I paid, but I think it starts going into the gray area where warranties aren't in effect, etc. And for this kind of purchase, I couldn't bring myself to go without the warranty.
:money:

MikeFerrara once bubbled...

Some of the stuff we dive is big enough to drive a bus through. Maybe even big enough for a basket ball court. I have more room in many caves than I do in Gilboa on the weekend. LOL

BTW, I know a pretty good cavern instructor!

A bus huh? I'm cool with that :) I suppose that means I'd have to come up with doubles, etc.? BTW, the drysuit would be staying home!

If I were going to do it, I'd have no problem paying a pretty good cavern instructor to teach me (as long as he didn't drown himself laughing while watching my frog kick) :rolleyes: Just can't seem to get my legs to work right!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom