New version of Dive Simulator now available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveNav

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,
just wanted to let everyone know that we have posted the new version of the Dive Simulator and we have also published the "new look" of our website.

Dive Safe, eDive Often

AM

Hi,
just wanted to let everyone know that we have posted the new version of the Dive Simulator and we have also published the "new look" of our website.

Dive Safe, eDive Often

AM

Curious what that was I downloaded. Attempting to use the simulator, at login froze my computer. I’ve uninstalled it and sure hope completely.

.....Attempting to use the simulator, at login froze my computer.....

mmmhhh..... did Your computer freeze when you tried to start a virtual dive?
If so, which dive site where You loading?

Please note that the FIRST TIME You use the dive simulator, and launch a dive, the simulator needs to retrieve from the server the various 3D models and the terrain models, so it could take some time especially if you have a slow internet connection.

What Internet connection do You have?

Best Regards,

AM
P.S.
I will be on the Big Island 2 weeks from now :wink:

mmmhhh..... did Your computer freeze when you tried to start a virtual dive?
If so, which dive site where You loading?

Please note that the FIRST TIME You use the dive simulator, and launch a dive, the simulator needs to retrieve from the server the various 3D models and the terrain models, so it could take some time especially if you have a slow internet connection.

What Internet connection do You have?

Best Regards,

AM
P.S.
I will be on the Big Island 2 weeks from now :wink:
Cable just tested @ 4859 kb/s in, 872 kb/s out to SF, I’m told is best this island can do.
Windows XP and a Media Player design or what ever the IT folk would say, designed to process TV etc.

The logon screen for the Simulator froze the whole computer hitting ENTER, never got in the door. Eventually I was able to End Program, eventually.

Immediately uninstalled and scanned. Had been nowhere else on the internet but you and the board since scanned 2 hrs before and there were 2 new Spyware hits.

Your download and installation was very suspicious to my Security and I’ve not had any complaints about how it views things. Maybe it is just where I go or things I look at normally but this process was disturbing enough, then to freeze me – not something I’m comfortable with at all.

Hope your diving here is less frightening than mine at yours.
Regards

........ The logon screen for the Simulator froze the whole computer hitting ENTER, never got in the door. Eventually I was able to End Program, eventually......

Very very weird .... we have ~600 users (and growing every 10-20 per day so far) and never saw something like this.
We had situations were our simulator does not run on a host computer because the computer does not support DirectX9.0 and Shaders2.0 (we need those because of our 3D graphics), but in those cases the simulators should say "could not find compliant 3d graphic card"

Which log-on screen? The one after the liability screen? Or the one after You enter Your UserID & Password?

Which program did You install? The "Patch" (to upgrade from the June version)? Or the "Full Installer"?

Could You send to support@divenav.com the divenavLog.txt file generated by the simulator so we can figure out what happened?

........ Hope your diving here is less frightening than mine at yours.......
Most likely will do - at least - a night dive watching the Mantas.

Ok, did some poking around, if Dr. Bill isn’t scared of you I’ll try and calm down.
How about; hope you don’t get skunked by the Mantas like I did last Sat. (The squids and swimming Peacock were cool though.)
Have to say the spyware etc, your website is one of those you can’t back out of stuff really spooks me. I don’t know enough, to know what to be frightened of or not. Looking and downloading are completely diffrent things to my way of thinking.
I spent a year trying to clean up the mess my niece made of two other computers (god only knows what adolescents go to when given free reign on a computer out away from parental units, that I didn't find)…and do NOT want to go thru that again.

I’ve another PC, will give it a go on there and see what happens. And, go ahead, learn something, and figure out some answers to PM you. :D

Ok, did some poking around, if Dr. Bill isn’t scared of you I’ll try and calm down.

Hi,
Dr. Bill is a real friend. I would say that he is a "holy" friend :D
He has been helping me since the beginning. He did guide me around the Dive Park in Avalon when we were mapping it to build the first virtual dive site.

I’ve another PC, will give it a go on there and see what happens. And, go ahead, learn something, and figure out some answers to PM you. :D

Thanks.
When I am on the Big Island, if You want, I can show You that our simulator really runs - even on my beaten up old DELL Latitude with XP Pro.

Regards,

AM

Hi redrover,
we think we have an idea on what your issue could be ....

As You might have noticed, our dive simulator starts in full screen mode.
As soon as an user accepts the liability release, our simulator checks if there is an Internet connection available to our server. If there is no connection, our simulator should recognize the situation and report it ot the user.
If the user has a Virus Detection program running in the background, it could happen that the Virus detector program first put our program on hold and then asks user for permission to enable our simulator to access the Internet .... but, being our simulator in full screen, this request is never shown ... and our program is still on hold (necause of the Virus detector.

We have put on the server a new release "installer_20080913.exe" that starts the simulator in windows mode instead of full screen mode.

Could You please install this new version and let me know?

Drinks are on me when I am on the Big Island:D

Best Regards,

Alberto

Sure, make me go figure out how to find the log files… education on many fronts eh? :D

I tried last night on my Laptop, same kind of high speed/memory type, wireless to my PC, and couldn’t install it. Did check all the Activex thingys first (something about maybe, reading instructions?) and 9 is good to go. Got a bit sidetracked finding all sorts of test things and fell asleep before looking for any logs to see why wouldn’t install.

I do have, at least I sure hope so, reasonable security, set to ask me if I want to do things and I thought I said yes (with misgivings LOL) to each one. However the log indicates you may be correct, there were several ASK and DENY’s.

When installing could I unchecked the optional boxes be a problem? No offence but took me forever to get Skype to quit bugging me on start-up and I’ve another program I’ve yet to delete files, shortcuts and ect. I do not want this on my desktop, start automatically or bother me.

Ha, Dr. Bill scared of Alberto and Dive Nav? Not a chance. They've been developing a very interesting product line. This is the first I've heard of a problem with it.

The only thing Dr. Bill is scared of (other than a brand new wetsuit) is a beautiful woman dressed in neoprene who actually says she is "interested." That women would need a complete psychiatric workup!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom