New Wisdom Computer Interface Software 2.1.0 (beta) better, but not perfect

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Again minor issues, ones that have me going through all my dives and erasing all the default stuff and putting my own stuff in... long and tedious right now. :(

You were supposed to make your own log not use the sample log. I never saw much use for the gear section but once you setup you gear you use the arrow and select the configuration you want then save.

I downloaded and installed the new Beta software last night. I like the way the Beta version looks and works. I wish there was an option to check for software updates manually rather than it being automatic. Does anyone know if it asks if you want to update & install a new update or is it going to install it with no input?

I would expect that if you installed the new Beta software that it would save your old dive logs. I don't' know if it would or not. Would the Sherwood rep know?

The following will insure that you do not lose your dive logs if you install the Beta software:

If anyone is going to install the Beta software here is an easy way to get all of your dives into the new software without downloading them from your Wisdom dive computer or manual entry.

BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE NEW SOFTWARE DO THIS FIRST:
On your computer go to and double click on MY COMPUTER
Double click on local disc (C) drive
Double click on folder named Program Files
Double Click on Sherwood Folder
Double click on Computer Interface folder
Double click on Logs folder
COPY the .dlg folder(s) that are saved as your dive logs. Do not copy SAMPLE DIVER.
PASTE your .dlg log folders in another location where you can find them and remember their names.

AFTER YOU DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE NEW SHERWOOD SOFTWARE:
Find the .dlg files that you saved in another location, right click on it and click COPY
On your computer go to and double click on MY COMPUTER
Double click on local disc (C) drive
Double click on folder named Program Files
Double Click on Sherwood folder
Double click on Computer Interface folder
Double click or right click on Logs folder
PASTE your dive log .dlg folder(s) that you saved in the Logs folder.
Exit and close the windows that you have open

Now open the Sherwood dive software. Your old dives and dive logs will be there under the Log Book on the tool bar. Click on Log Book, then Open Log. Open the dive log that you want. Your dives will now all be there.

If these instructions are too complicated for you, enlist the help of a computer literate friend or family member. You will not lose you dive logs this way. Also if you copy these dive log folders in a back up location such as CD, USB drive, or portable hard drive, you will have them as a back up if your computer crashes.

I just got an email from the SE just now. When installing the new version of the software, the old dive log will not be overwitten.

In the older version of the software, if you used the sample dive log for you log book, it would erase your information during the update with the new sample dive log.

Just make sure you create your own dive log and do not use the sample dive log.

Sherwood Rep.

You were supposed to make your own log not use the sample log. I never saw much use for the gear section but once you setup you gear you use the arrow and select the configuration you want then save.

I do agree the gear section is a bit of an over kill for use but if you are going to use it, atleast make it a bit easier to use it. You should be able to set up gear in one window and then from their with each dive log you can do the drop down window for each gear peice or have a drop down window for a profile such as cold water/ warm water.

Minor things that younger people would like to see and make this program that much better.

Maybe the above option can be done in the set up mode. Just a thought

Sherwood surprised me. I was just searching this forum with regards to locating a good software to use with the Wisdom. Now at least I see that they are updating and making the program user friendly with better graphics. I will have to hold out on spending the extra cash. A big thank you to the Sherwood Computer folks for updating this program.

I'm LOVING the updates to the Wisdom2 software, but I'd like to add a suggestion for the next revision.

Could you PLEASE add the ability to for us Wisdom2 users to participate in DAN's Project Dive Exporation by allowing us to send our dive profiles to DAN?

Thanks.

One bug, that I just noticed.

The log software shows that my sampling rate is /30 secs., but I confirmed that my Wisdom2 is still set at /15 secs.

You need to export it to the DL7 standard. Then email to DAN. Not sure why Sherwood is not listed. I'll check it out.

I'm LOVING the updates to the Wisdom2 software, but I'd like to add a suggestion for the next revision.

Could you PLEASE add the ability to for us Wisdom2 users to participate in DAN's Project Dive Exporation by allowing us to send our dive profiles to DAN?

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom